Senior IT Systems Design Engineer - Must have a current secret clearanceBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 176170BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/08/2021 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
Here at Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD), we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by RMD employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Our IT organization ensures that RMD teams across the globe are able to communicate, collaborate and innovate for customer success. We create leading-edge technology solutions to prevent security threats and protect the integrity of our systems.
As a SeniorIT Systems Design Engineer you will collaborate and partner with a diverse cross-section of IT and Engineering stakeholders supporting RMD programs designing solutions that help deliver critical IT capabilities to our customers worldwide. Working with Solutions Architects, you will be expected to design and deploy IT solutions for new or existing complex computer systems. You will work with Solutions Architects to determine system requirement, specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility and maintenance of Information Systems. You will be responsible for the design of subsystems and integration of total systems and you’ll be required to assist in identifying, analyzing, and resolving program IT support deficiencies developing and recommending corrective actions where needed.
This role requires strong communication and collaboration skills, extensive industry and technical experience, as well as the ability to develop and leverage a broad network of technologists within and outside of the RMD Community (including Global Business Services (GBS) and Corporate IT), and the supplier community.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Design, implement, test, document, and integrate system solutions into existing or new RMD Information Systems
- Establish functional and technical specifications, solve hardware/software interface problems, define input/output parameters, and ensure integration of an entire system or subsystem
- Responsible for the design and deployment of complex heterogeneous server, virtualization, and Hyper-converged infrastructures within program Information Systems
- Support the development of and adherence to IT standards and processes
- Support Solutions Architecture in conducting Analysis of Alternatives, Courses of Actions, Trade Studies, and Engineering Assessments on IT products and services
- Design and deploy beneficial IT technology to improve execution, efficiency, and capability within existing Information Systems.
- Support the undergoing of digital transformation by designing and deploying automation solutions and DevOps tool chains to drive program efficiencies
- Ensure the technical integrity of existing and future design solutions
- Collaborate across technical disciplines to resolve top priority program issues
- Leverage Corporate IT Secure design solutions for collaborative networks both domestically and internationally, including Import / Export and ITAR/EAR solutions
Minimum Required Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in IT or a STEM and minimum of 6 years related technical experience or a STEM or IT Master degree and 4 years of directly related experience or lieu of a degree 8 years of additional experience
- Experience with the systems engineering lifecycle
- Experience in system design development and engaging project stakeholders to design system solutions for multi-level classified and unclassified Information Systems
- Experience with technical skills across multiple IT disciplines: Server Operating Systems (Such as Windows 2012 R2 +, RHEL 7 +), hyper-converged systems (Such as Nutanix, vSAN), virtualization (VMWare), automation (such as Ansible), shell scripting or PowerShell scripting, compute, storage (such as NetApp, 3Par, vSAN), encryption, cyber security, etc.
- Experience networking and TCP/IP concepts (Software Defined Networking, such as NSX-T a plus.)
- Experience deploying best practices in system security as it pertains to IT solutions
- Must be a US citizen , must have a current active Secret clearance
- Degree in advanced technical discipline such as Systems Engineering, or Computer Science
- Knowledge in the development of system design products and artifacts related to the designing and deploying of IT solutions
- IT solution design development and integration experience across full system/service lifecycle, to include infrastructure (compute, storage and network), platforms and enterprise software applications
- Proven success working within a large multi-disciplined teams to achieve a common technical solution
- Working knowledge of thin/zero client virtual desktop infrastructure technologies
- Security+ certification or willingness to obtain it
- Superior written and oral communication skills, with demonstrated experience working with and presenting to senior business leadership
- Innovative and strategic approach to problem solving
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.