Section Lead, Manufacturing EngineeringBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 178823BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
The Manufacturing Engineering Section Lead within Operations is responsible for leading a support team consisting of Manufacturing Engineers and Project Engineers who are technically trained individuals with diverse backgrounds and varying levels of experience. The successful candidate will report to the Manufacturing Engineering Section Manager and be accountable for the training, coaching and mentorship of approximately 10 Manufacturing or Project Engineers. The team’s objective is to drive for manufacturing excellence and continuous improvement by engaging with the product throughout the production life cycle and value stream. This includes the creation, implementation, refinement and ownership of production processes and collaborating cross functionally to ensure products are producible and capable of meeting Operation’s goals. Roles available in multiple factories.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Prioritize tasks to meet the customer’s needs
- Coordinate resources
- Manage team staffing levels and interfacing with strategic make center personnel and leaders
- Provide training, coaching, mentoring, employee performance development and ensuring each engineer is performing to the standards set by the Operations Engineering West Execution Center.
- Manage technical quality of engineering tasks, product compliance and providing critical oversight to his/her team of engineers
- Manage certification planning, chairing the process control board, approving timecards and supporting hiring events
- Participate or lead functional or factory improvement projects
- Working lead with additional assignments in support of the make center
- Develop influential relationships with internal customers
An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for additional years of experience as follows: Master’s is equal to 2 years of experience or a Ph.D. is equal to 4 years of experience.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor of Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and six (6) years of relevant technical/engineering experience with emphasis in manufacturing or industrial engineering or relevant technical/engineering experience with emphasis in manufacturing or industrial engineering . Preferred majors: Engineering/Manufacturing/Engineering Technology
- Experience in a manufacturing and test environment
- Experience in leading teams or projects
- Experience with MRP systems (ex. SAP)
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Current DOD Security Clearance
- Additional Security Accesses
- Experience applying technical principles in the manufacturing life cycle
- Experience with Quality Systems and their application
- Electrical or Mechanical Design Experience
- Network within Missile Systems
- Earned Value Systems Budget Management
- Shop Floor Management
- Experience with proposal development
- Experience with Estimates at Complete (EAC) development and management
- Skilled in risk identification and risk management
- Strong engineering aptitude and analytical skills
- Technical problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Verbal and Written technical communication
- Customer and company oriented and driven to meet or exceed expectations
- Ability to maintain a professional attitude to serve as an example to the team and colleagues
- Ability to work cohesively in a diverse environment
- Self-starter and able to manage personal and team workload
This position involves direct support of manufacturing activities and requires spending time in and around factory areas.
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.178823
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.