Section Lead, Harness and Interconnect EngineeringBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 185078BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/04/2021 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
Do you enjoy leading a team as much as contributing in one?
If you can answer "yes" to these questions, we want to talk to you!
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
The Precision Control & Mechanisms Department is an engineering organization within the Mechanical Products Team (MPT) in Tucson, AZ. The department is in need of a Section Lead to provide frontline management and leadership for approximately 15+ engineers who develop new round wire and flexible circuit harnesses. The Section Lead role includes technical oversight of the Harness and Interconnect (H&I) development programs, technical development of people, training, performance management, hiring, and resource allocation.
Responsibilities to Anticipate
You will ensure two-way communication with section members, who consist of individuals with diverse engineering backgrounds and levels of experience within the technology. You will set the expectations and verify the execution of job assignments, apprenticing, performance and recognition. Responsibilities also include coordinating program staffing levels, optimizing resource utilization and interviewing applicants.
The Section Lead will work with the other H&I Section Leads, as well as the Department Lead in the development of this section, including definition of charter, objectives and organizational development, and in the execution of MPT engineering goals. As the manager for the section, the candidate will need to lead diverse teams of 15+ engineers by providing highly skilled Harness and Interconnect design services across all program phases, focused mainly on missile development including interconnect architecture, master interconnect documents, flex vs. roundwire trades, connector selection and keying, cable routing and tie-downs, sealing and shielding, backshell design, DFMA, and technical data package documentation for various naval, ground and air platform products.
You may also be called upon to provide proposal support including cost ROMs, formal Basis of Estimates, project plans and technology maturity plans. Travel may also be requested for on-site supplier support or participation in key business meetings.
An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for three (3) additional years of experience.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)
- Eight (8) or more years of overall engineering experience in mechanical design, preferably in the mechanical design of Harness and Interconnects
- Prior leadership roles (frontline or project leader)
- Five (5) years direct experience in hardware engineering design, development and production support
- Experience in military applications and environments
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Ten (10) or more years of overall engineering experience systems, electrical or mechanical design, preferably in the development of Harness and Interconnect Systems in all development phases
- Masters of Science in an Engineering discipline
- Thorough knowledge of military specifications such as NEMA WC 27500, SAE AS22759, MIL-DTL-D38999, MIL-DTL-83513, MIL-DTL-24308, MIL-PRF-31032, IPC-6013, J-STD-001, IPC-2221, IPC-2223 and IPC/WHMA-A-620
- Willingness to travel, including international
- Familiarity with Performance Development Process
- Familiarity with Engineering Labor Forecasting
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proven multitasking skills
- Demonstrated excellence in past work performance
- Working knowledge or experience with either missile design or development, production support and integration
- Experience with Military Missile systems and electronics
- Experience with the proposal capture process (development of compliant basis of estimates and ROMs)
- Familiarity with the Estimate at Complete Process
- EVMS Certified
- Six Sigma certified
- Demonstrated team player, with excellent collaboration and mentoring skills
- Advocate for process improvement (e.g., CMMI, R6), team builder and able to build strong relationships and effectively partner with internal and external resources.
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.