REACH Global Substances EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 176889BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
When world-class talent works together in a place that is respectful and inclusive, we solve some of the world's hardest problems. Opportunity to work within Materials Engineering’s and Materials Management group focusing on REACH/Global Substances compliance.
Raytheon’s REACH/Global Substances group aims to enhance the company’s capability to comply with international REACH regulations. This role requires someone who can lead REACH activities, work with stakeholders to implement tools and processes, and provide subject matter support across the business.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Reviewing program Bill of Materials (BOMs) against current REACH and Global Substance requirements
- Maintain compliance scheme for International and European regulations of handling hazardous chemicals
- Analyze other EU regulatory compliance requirements related to chemicals for import and export and support business departments in their compliance procedures (RoHS, PIC, Waste regulation, etc)
- Enacting plans to maintain compliance with, and mitigate risk triggered by, international REACH regulations
- Providing subject matter support to functions and programs, managing arising issues and triggering activities to support compliance when required
- Engage subject matter experts (SME) to support programs in their substitution to alternative chemistries
This position can be a (REACH Global Substances Engineer II) or a (REACH Sr. Global Substances Engineer I), based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position
An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for additional years of experience as follows: Master’s is equal to 2 years of experience or a Ph.D. is equal to 4 years of experience.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)such as Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- (For REACH Global Substances Engineer II; 2 years of materials engineering and/or chemical substance specification reviews experience
- For Sr. REACH Global Substances Engineer I; 4 years of materials engineering and/or chemical substance specification reviews
- Professional or Academic Experience in “REACH” regulations
- Professional or Academic Project management experience
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Materials Engineering
- Experience in Aerospace, Defense, or other military applications
- Experience with global and/or regional product regulations and in regulations of national authorities.
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.)
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.