Principal Systems Security Engineer (Anti-Tamper, Cyber Security or Supply Chain Risk Mgt.)Businesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 174074BR Date posted 01/19/2021 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
Do you want to protect our nation’s weapons systems against the cyber threat?
Would you consider yourself a "non-standard thinker" fascinated by systems and cyber security?
Do you like to dissect systems and understand how they work and go together?
Are other people inspired to perform better when they work with you?
If you answered yes to the above and you are considered a leader with keen knowledge in your engineering discipline, with the ability to understand and communicate with other engineering disciplines, then Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD) may have an excellent career opportunity for you at our Tucson, AZ facility. We have competitive benefits and relocation packages.
Raytheon Missiles & Defense is looking for highly motivated systems engineers interested in developing Systems Security Engineering (SSE) solutions to protect the US war fighter’s technology advantage. Systems Security Engineering creates holistic security solutions leveraging Anti-Tamper (AT), Cyber, Software Assurance, and Supply Chain Risk Management to support Program Protection Implementation on embedded weapons systems.
The position requires strong systems engineering and leadership skills that will be used to develop innovative products and solutions to complex systems, including top level requirements development, requirements analysis and allocation, design, verification, integration, and production/field support. The position is in the Systems Design Center within the Systems Design & Architecture (SD&A) Directorate.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Job Description and Key Responsibilities:
The Principal Engineer for Systems Security Engineering provides technical leadership for the design, development, qualification, integration and fielding of Program Protection and security solutions used in military applications. The position requires a highly motivated and innovative individual with a proven track record in developing SSE (Anti-Tamper (AT), Cyber, Software Assurance, and Supply Chain Risk Management) systems solutions to meet customer requirements, working in conjunction with new business development personnel and suppliers. Customers include USAF, USA, USN, USMC, MDA, and other USG acquisition agencies.
This senior technical engineer assesses multiple candidate security solutions for best fit with customer requirements, establishes detailed systems requirements and allocation of requirements to sub-systems and engages with all engineering disciplines to determine compliance to the requirements during system development and qualification. The individual is responsible for leading the SSE implementation during the development, integration, test, and fielding of the systems and ensuring programs are executed to meet or exceed requirements while meeting cost and performance targets. Furthermore, the individual will develop and implement strategy to grow business in key areas.
- Lead implementation of SSE for missile products
- Interact with customer to define SSE requirements, solutions, trades, costs, implementation, system impacts, and effectiveness
- Provide leadership for developing plans and estimates, task execution, project tracking, reporting, and risk identification and mitigation plans. Keep senior management informed on major accomplishments, issues and concerns
- Pursuit and capture of new business initiatives in the SSE area
- Educate the company and customers in SSE
- Plan SSE implementations in customer systems
- Consult and assist program line management with SSE architectures and issues
- Assist programs in developing and executing plans
- Develop, flow down and implement top-level system/sub systems requirements
Security Requirement: U.S. Citizenship is required as this position needs and active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Computer Science, Engineering Science, or Robotics
- Eight years of experience in the fields of systems engineering, computer technology reverse engineering, AT, or Cyber
- Experience with design, development and fielding of Systems Security Engineering (SSE) systems
- Experience with implementation and business growth of SSE implementation with technical management experience overseeing technology throughout the life cycle.
- Experience in solutions meeting the most robust SSE systems security requirements
- Experience leading, advising, and educating DoD customers or the like on SSE issues
- U.S. Citizenship is required
Desired Experience & Skills:
- Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Computer Science, Engineering Science, Business Administration, and/or Robotics
- DoD Top Secret clearance with current SSBI within last 5 years desired
- Cyber Certifications in accordance with DoD 8570 such as CISSP, GSLC, CEH
- Program management experience with SSE
- Broad understanding of technology and working knowledge of DODI-S-5230.28
- Aircraft/weapons integration experience
- Strategic planning skills
- Proposal writing skills
- Candidate must exhibit an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact positively and collaborate with coworkers, suppliers, management, and customers in a team environment
- Group management skills, leadership skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to develop and present comprehensive technical briefings.
- Experience contributing in a team environment for the purpose of developing creative solutions to technical problems
- Ability to act independently to uncover/resolve issues/possess excellent verbal, written, and leadership skills
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.