Principal Materials Engineering Section Lead - Non MetalsBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 178624BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
The Materials Engineering Department, which functions within the Mechanical Product Team (MPT), is seeking a Section Leader to lead our Non-Metal Materials Science group. Within the Department, Materials Engineers work through all stages of the product life cycle, offering support from design to production to refurbishment. The Non-Metal Materials Science group focuses on non-metal materials including (but not limited to) adhesives, rubbers, potting materials, composites, and plastics.
Responsibilities to Anticipate
The Section Leader performs direct line management activities and provides leadership for approximately 18-23 engineers within this multi-disciplined group.These activities include technical oversight of program support and projects, technical development of people, training, performance management, and resource allocation.
You will team with the Department Leader in the execution of MPT and Raytheon Missile & Defense Engineering goals.
You will ensure two-way communication for section members; serve as the day-to-day liaison to the programs concerning employee job assignments, performance, and recognition.
Responsibilities also include coordinating program staffing needs and reductions, optimizing resource utilization, and interviewing applicants.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Eight (8) years of overall engineering experience in materials engineering, chemistry, or similar applicable discipline
- Demonstrated success in prior leadership roles (frontline or project leader)
- Two (2) to five (5) years direct experience in materials engineering design, development and/or production support
- Experience with EVMS (earned value management systems) or similar
- Experience in military applications or environments
- Six Sigma experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, or other related science or engineering field
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Advanced degree in aforementioned disciplines. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
- Security clearance
- Familiarity with Performance Development Process
- Familiarity with Engineering Team Strength, Labor Forecasting (ELF) or similar
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proven multitasking skills
- Demonstrated excellence in past work performance
- Working knowledge or experience with adhesives, rubbers, potting materials, composites, and/or plastics
- Working knowledge or experience with military program design and development, and production
- Experience with proposal capture process (development of compliant basis of estimates (BOEs) and white-sheet development
- Familiarity with the Estimate at Complete (EAC) Process
- EVMS Certified
- Demonstrated team player, with excellent collaboration and mentoring skills
- Advocate for process improvement (eg CMMI, R6S), team builder, and able to build strong relationships and effectively partner with internal resources.
- Six Sigma Specialist certified
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.