Phalanx/SeaRAM Principal Contracts SpecialistBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Part time telecommuting Job ID 189231BR Most Recent Date Posted 10/05/2021 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and possibilities are forged in times of change and you will be on the front lines as we trailblaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in creating.
This position is eligible for telecommuting for an undefined amount of time at the manager's discretion
Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD) Contracts employees are entrusted with our most important asset: the trust and respect of our customers. The official face of RMD to the customer, RMD’s Principal Specialists handle essential communication, negotiation, and contract management throughout every phase of our customer relationship. It’s no small task, either. Currently, the team helps manage over 15,000 contracts for 8,000 programs supporting customers in 80 different countries. Working as a strategic business partner within RMD, our ultimate aim is to deliver balanced, equitable deals that ensure mutual long-term success.
RMD Contracts has an opening for a Principal Specialist, Contracts. The manager in this role will be responsible for the management and administration support to the Phalanx/SeaRAM Programs. Specifically, there are multiple support contracts that prove critical spare and repair support to fielded systems. This role is critical in maintaining those systems and supporting troops and seamen in the field. The primary customers are the U.S. Government and some foreign countries. New Principal Contracts Specialists can expect to be engaged in a broad range of activities, including management of complex developmental contracts to accelerate delivery of technology to the US Military and our allies, supporting large scale production of the world’s most sophisticated weapons, or other exciting business ventures.
There’s no such thing as a perfect candidate, so don’t hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Participate in front-end strategic assessment of business pursuits, proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications relating to U. S. Government and/or direct commercial sale (DCS) international customers
- Work closely with Contracts Leaders, Program Managers, Business/Estimating, Supply Chain, and Corporate Treasury functions to construct, submit and negotiate pricing proposals
- Provide support to senior management regarding contractual and business issues; ensuring that negotiated terms and conditions comply with company policies
- Advise management of contractual rights and obligations and possible mitigation of contractual/program risks
- Examine and understand cost structure estimates of labor, material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Compile and analyze data; maintain historical information
- Shape business transactions and negotiate skillfully to create the best outcome possible.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Law, or related field
- 5 years of contracts experience or related experience
- Negotiation experience
- DoD contracts and/or subcontracts experience
- Active Secret clearance
- Juris Doctor or MBA
- Experience administering production, development or service contracts valued at $25M or higher
- Experience of handling several assignments concurrently
- Experience in a position where effective relationships with customers and internal partners were developed based on understanding and trust
- Past experience in working within a team and fostering teamwork and trust
- Knowledge of and experience with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS)
- The demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize actions. Experience working is a fast-paced environment, where prioritization was required to be effective.
- Proven record of responsiveness with strong time management and organization skills
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.189231
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.