Mid to Senior GNC EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 175974BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/08/2021 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
Are you fascinated by guidance and navigation?
Would your career flourish by joining a team of world-class engineers
collaborating to solve complex technical challenges?
Would you like an opportunity with a global business entrusted with the mission of
making the world a safer place?
If your answers are yes, the Algorithm and Simulation team at Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD) may have an ideal job for you!
We are the world's largest developer, producer and integrator of weapon systems. In fact, we've produced over one million missiles in our history. Military personnel in more than 50 countries look to us for a high-quality product portfolio that includes missiles, smart munitions, projectiles, kinetic kill vehicles and directed energy weapons. We are seeking mid-career GNC engineering professionals to work in our Tucson, AZ location. As an engineer at RMD, you will have every opportunity to grow to your full potential, with the advantages of world-class career development programs and outstanding real-life rewards.
The Algorithm and Simulation team is hiring GNC engineers with experience to work in one of the following areas within the organization: State Estimation and Optimization, Guidance Design, or GPS.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Required Education, Skills and Experience (Senior Systems Engineer II):
- BS degree in Engineering or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics.
- Minimum six (6) years of applied work experience (OR Master’s in STEM and four years of experience or Ph.D. and two years of experience)
- Work experience and/or academic course work / projects that include a combination of at least two of the following areas: digital and modern control systems, dynamics, Kalman filter design, signal processing, 6DOF simulations, or guidance algorithms
- Six (6) years of applied work experience with Matlab, C, C++, and/or Object Oriented design
- Past work experience with UNIX and LINUX operating systems as well as Microsoft products
- United States citizenship
- Advanced degree in aforementioned disciplines. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
- Experience with missiles, gravity bombs, glide bombs, or autonomous/collaborative air vehicles
- Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership and other engineering disciplines
- Depending on technical focus area:
- Guidance law development, state estimation, Kalman filtering, sensor fusion, trajectory shaping, path planning, miss distance performance optimization, kinematic analysis of actuation system effectors
- System identification techniques applied to flexible body dynamics, and application of structural filters to minimize impact to control systems
- Assessing GNC system integration risks through test data analysis
- Preparing system trade studies
- Performance analysis by simulation Monte Carlo assessments with expected system disturbances, including verification and validation techniques
- Algorithm optimization
- Knowledge of related disciplines: airborne RADAR systems including RF signal processing and tracking algorithms; embedded software development and hardware/software integration; system engineering design methods including requirements analysis and flowdown, specification derivation and interface control documentation
A diverse company is a strong company.
The people of Raytheon Technologies come from different backgrounds. We value our different perspectives and styles of tackling the world’s most complex challenges and toughest threats.
Through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), our employees are empowered to impact business results, build professional networks, advocate for causes that matter to them and contribute to their local communities.
Diversity of thought is critical to the future of innovation. We leverage these unique voices to generate solutions toward a united and singular purpose: to define the future of aerospace.
Check us out on YouTube:
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.