Mid Career GNC EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 184953BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/03/2021 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
The Algorithm & Simulation (A&S) Directorate is responsible for algorithm development including Guidance, Navigation, and Control; radio frequency (RF) and electro-optical/infrared (EO-IR) Signal Processing; and missile-and-sensor-level Modeling and Simulation for RMD's broad portfolio of projects, programs and products. In the GNC department, within the Algorithm & Simulation Directorate, we design, integrate, and optimize guidance, navigation, state estimation, and control algorithms to meet mission objectives. We support new business initiatives and help develop & execute technology roadmaps
We are seeking mid-level GNC engineering professionals to work in our Tucson, AZ location.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- You will support missile guidance tasks including guidance law development, state estimation, sensor fusion, trajectory shaping, and miss distance performance optimization.
- You will participate in navigation tasks including system trade studies, component modeling of inertial measurement units (IMU), global positioning systems (GPS), as well as simulation of navigation algorithms, particularly Kalman filters.
- You will work with embedded software including real-time GNC algorithm development for missiles system products.
- You will support missile performance analysis including model development, system optimization, and Monte Carlo assessments with expected system disturbances.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Engineering or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional (non-academic) experience
- Academic and/or work experience including at least two of the following: digital and modern control systems, dynamics, Kalman filter design, Monte Carlo, or signal processing.
- Five (5) years of experience with Matlab, C, C++, and/or Object Oriented design
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Advanced degree in STEM. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- Experience with Unix and/or Linux operating systems
- Experience with missiles, gravity bombs, or autonomous / collaborative air vehicles
- Ability to facilitate and coordinate activities across multiple facilities and locations.
- Results-oriented work ethic and able to communicate effectively with senior leadership and other engineering disciplines.
- Capture effort coordination and developing proposals to obtain funding, spanning technical proposal development, work breakdown structures and cost estimation.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a diverse team
- Current DoD clearance
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.