Mgr I Systems AdministrationBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 168964BR Date posted 09/30/2020 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
The System Administration Section Manager will lead and manage a team of System Administrators responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of classified Missile Systems (MS) Program computing environments. These environments include a heterogeneous mix of computer, server, and networked hardware and software platforms. As a leader within the Program Services work center, Section Managers are expected to embody, exemplify and encourage outstanding values and behaviors, which are paramount to the candidate’s success. The Section Manager will interact with users, Program leadership, Cybersecurity professionals, and other key stakeholders and will also be responsible for the acquisition and allocation of systems resources. Section Managers are responsible for proactive hiring, assignment, performance management, retention, and development of personnel. This will be accomplished through the process of developing and setting goals, coaching, mentoring, providing resources, opportunities to showcase talent, and encouraging participation in all aspects of operations, and projects within Raytheon. This position will require occasional business travel.
The System Administration Section Manager I will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Leading and managing a team of System Administrators to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of IT systems and applications within their assigned section
- Providing leadership to support a varied range of administrative tasking, to include corrective/preventive maintenance, recurring operations functions, account management, and system optimization
- Performing leadership and managerial duties for team members, including but not limited to, Performance and development assessments, Career planning, Resource management, Timecard approval, Personal-Time-Off (PTO) approval and management, Talent interviewing and hiring
- Supervising administrators whose duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space
- Working with team members to maintain as-is plans for managed systems and projects
- Developing and monitoring policies, standards, processes and goals for direct reports
- Coordinating system administrative support for training development/evaluations and operations and sustainment plans
- Participating in Change Request reviews, to include participating in Change Management boards at multiple program levels
- Coordinating technical and process document reviews and resolving system administration, engineering and integration issues
- Participating and leading technical meetings with team members and other program personnel, and representing the organization in functional area matters
- Upholding company values and behaviors
Minimum Required Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in STEM or IT related field and 6 years of directly related experience or master degree in a STEM or IT field and 4 years of directly related experience, lieu of a degree additional 8 years of experience is required.
- US Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active US Security Clearance as of day one of employment
- 6+ years of leadership or technical experience directly related to System Administration, IT, or related Technical discipline, with increasing responsibilities
- Knowledge of technical, analytical, and problem solving activities, as well as the ability to perform reviews of technical processes and solutions.
- Experience basic business fundamentals
- Experience in Project Leadership, Management, or Project management
- Systems are operational 24x7 and occasionally require work effort beyond standard work hours, must be able to travel 10% and able to lift 15 pounds
- Bachelor's degree in STEM or related field or equivalent experience is required
- Organizational skills to include: attention to detail, time management and ability to multitask.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- An active DoD Top Secret clearance with investigation date completed within the past 6 years
- Direct working experience with NISPOM, JAFAN, JSIG, and/or DoD/RMF guidelines
- Experience with handling and working with classified information
- Experience supporting engineers in software, simulations, and hardware development
- Knowledge in the following areas: patch management, High Performance Computing, OS Upgrades, computer security, system monitoring and logging
- Knowledge of Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) systems
- Knowledge of virtual host solutions (e.g., VMware)
- Experience with requirements gathering, planning, and managing deployment, installation, maintenance and upgrade efforts, over multiple geographic sites
- Experience managing IT services and support in a 24/7 real time operational environment
- Experience leading geographically dispersed teams
- Industry certifications including but not limited to: Security +, CISSP, ITIL, ISC2, PMP etc.
- 2 years demonstrated experience leading a team
- Demonstrated experience planning, managing budgets, and head count
- Knowledge of proposal development tasks
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.