Manager, ContractsBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Top Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Part time telecommuting Job ID 185651BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/16/2021 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
If you would like to work in a collaborative, flexible environment with people who really enjoy what they do, we encourage you to apply. Our 9/80 work schedule offers flexibility to help successfully balance the work/life commitments.
Key elements of our growth include our strong commitment to the global marketplace and our superior employee benefits package, including: Medical, Dental and Vision available on Day 1, Holiday time, Paid time off (PTO), Flexible Work Schedules, 401K with match, Employer Contributed Retirement Income Savings, Employee Discounts, Performance Sharing, Educational Assistance, Continuous Learning and much more.
The RMD Contracts team has an opening for a Manager, Contracts to support the Tomahawk ® Cruise Missile program in the Naval Power Mission Area portfolio. The Tomahawk® cruise missile is a precision weapon that launches from ships and submarines and can strike targets precisely, even in heavily defended airspace. The successful candidate in this role will be responsible for the leadership, management and administration of Tomahawk development programs and an active strategic member and key partner of the Tomahawk Development Programs leadership.
This role includes analysis of Request for Proposals (RFP), proposal reviews and coordination, contract negotiation, estimate at completion (EAC) reviews, support program management and execution reviews and general contract administration. Responsibilities include working closely with the Program Director, Senior Program Managers, Chief Engineers, Proposal Manager, Business/Estimating and Supply Chain, and Sr. Manager, Contracts to construct, submit and negotiate pricing proposals; providing support to senior management regarding contractual and business issues; ensuring that negotiated terms and conditions comply with company policies; advising management of contractual rights and obligations and possible mitigation of contractual/program risks; examining and understanding cost structure estimates of labor, material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
This position is considered hybrid and will require the selected candidate to be within commuting distance from RMD’s facilities in Tucson, Arizona. Some travel may be required.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position requires a U.S. Top Security Clearance within one year.
Qualifications You Must Have
- 8 years of contracts or related business experience including negotiation and administration of major contracts and/or subcontracts
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, or related field (Master’s degree may be considered in lieu of 2 ears of experience)
- Direct experience with customer relationship management
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and shared databases
- U.S. Citizenship is required
Qualifications We Value
- Juris Doctor or MBA
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS)
- Experience managing development or service contracts valued at $25M or higher
- Ability to understand the financial aspects of contracts, such as incentives, share ratios, and risk quantification
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships with customers and internal partners based on understanding and trust
- Proven record of responsiveness with strong time management and organization skills.
- Hands-on proposal preparation or negotiation experience
- Experience with US Government and US Prime Contractor customers in the acquisition and end-user and communities
- Experience working is a fast-paced environment, where prioritization was required to be effective.
- Past experience in working within a team and fostering teamwork and trust
- Contractual acumen with proficiency in contracts fundamentals
- Related contract administration experience with the US Department of Defense (DoD) including proposal preparation and contract negotiations, or a combination of five years of contracts management experience and five years of other functional experience related to business management
What We Offer:
Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Top Secret security Clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.185651
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.