Manufacturing Engineer IBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 173952BR Date posted 01/19/2021 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD) is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets where you’ll be part of a global team working together to solve some of the most demanding challenges on the planet. We are the world's largest developer, producer and integrator of weapon systems. In fact, we've produced over one million missiles in our history. Military forces in more than 50 countries look to us for a high-quality product portfolio that includes missiles, smart munitions, projectiles, kinetic kill vehicles and directed energy weapons. We are able to accomplish this feat because our employees live our Values of Trust, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Accountability. Diversity is a part of our culture and a key to our success. When world-class talent works together in a place that is respectful and inclusive, we solve some of the world's hardest problems.
We know that a diverse company is a strong company. The people of Raytheon Technologies come from different backgrounds. We value our different perspectives and styles of tackling the world’s most complex challenges and toughest threats. Through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), our employees are empowered to impact business results, build professional networks, advocate for causes that matter to them and contribute to their local communities. Diversity of thought is critical to the future of innovation. We leverage these unique voices to generate solutions toward a united and singular purpose: to define the future of aerospace.
The Test Equipment and Environments Center (TE&EC) includes all of the engineering disciplines responsible for systems design & test on all Raytheon Missile Defense (RMD) products. Our engineers are responsible for all elements of the development lifecycle for test including: test requirements, test system design, flight simulations, hardware-in-the-loop, computer-in-the-loop, advanced engineering prototyping technology, flight operations for manned and unmanned vehicles, environmental testing, environmental characterization and engineering laboratory management. We are hands-on, designing with the latest technology and tools, and integrate state of the art test solutions with the most advanced engineering systems in the world
Manufacturing engineering supports the Systems Test Directorate and has the responsibility to resolve test equipment and prototype manufacturing issues based on a combination of degree experience and knowledge of the engineering design, need and final intended application. Utilizing Engineering Manufacturing Management System (EMMS) to generate work orders, build/maintain indentured build of materials (IBOMS), generate material requisitions and provide material/work order status to customers. Design acquisition and manufacturing of complex test equipment including cables, chassis, electro/mechanical fixtures, ITA's, and final assembly and inspection of completed test systems. Participate in engineering design reviews, maintain drawing configuration, acquire and track material, assist in resolving manufacturing issues and overseeing delivery of final products to internal/external customers.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in any of the following Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Engineering Management or equivalent technical degree. Must be either currently pursuing degree or degree must have been granted in the last 18 months.
- Experience and/or coursework interpreting engineering drawings in electrical instrumentation: (for example: math, electronic circuits, electromagnetic fields and waves and digital signal processing)
- Experience on test equipment and/or engineering hardware such as: cables, chassis, electrical interface adapters, circuit card assemblies
- U.S. Citizenship is required
Desired Education, Skills, and Experience:
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (such as Excel, Word and/or PowerPoint)
- Experience with material procurement related to electrical instrumentation
- Experience with design use and fabrication of electrical instrumentation
- Experience dealing with supply chain and material obsolescence; communicate with vendors on issues related to status, lead times, shipping.
- Experience with electrical and mechanical component selection based on form, fit, and function.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles
- Current/Active DoD clearance or SSBI
- Student Loan Repayment Contribution Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Assistance
- 9/80 work schedule – Every other Friday off
- Onsite Wellness Program – Health Screenings/Flu Shots
- 401K – Savings & Investment Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Rstars is an enterprise-wide recognition program that allows you to give and receive thanks for notable and exceptional performance.
***Please upload a copy of your most recent undergraduate and graduate transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition. Please include your cumulative GPA and projected graduation date on your resume.***
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.