Low Observable & Computational Electromagnetic Codes (CEM) Engineer ExpertBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 176208BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/08/2021 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
Would you enjoy working on a nationally certified ground plane range to support our nation’s security?
Are you motivated to work with little supervision?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, our mechanical design team at our Tucson, AZ, facility wants to hear from you!
We are seeking a Principal Radar Cross Section / Low Observable Engineer to join the Mechanical Products Team. This design team is committed to excellence supporting our customers and allies worldwide.
The Principal Radar Cross Section / Low Observable Engineer will lead Radar Cross Section (RCS) predictions and measurements tests of developmental and production systems. The LO Engineer is expected to perform RCS predictions and should be familiar with limitations of Computational Electromagnetic Codes (CEM). Deliverables will include test documentation, data analysis, anomaly resolution, results documentation, and presentation of results to both internal and external customers. Candidate will work in integrated product teams to incorporate advanced signature control techniques into deliverable products and aid in the assessment of system performance. Note that occasional non-standard work shifts may be expected during testing.
Key Responsibilities (essential functions):
- The selected individual will document all activities pertaining to test preparation, data analysis, design trades, prediction results, and others
- The LO Engineer, will work within integrated product teams and support all aspects of that team’s design efforts with some direction from Senior Low Observables Engineer
- The LO Engineer will present results of testing, analysis, and design efforts to internal and external customers
- Occasional travel for business, training, and conferences
Required Experience, Skills & Education:
- Eight (8) years of engineering experience, which must include Low Observable (LO) technology and/or Computational Electromagnetic Codes (CEM) (MS with 6 years or Ph.D. with 4 years’ experience)
- Prior work experience performing RCS measurement/testing, prediction, and/or design
- Bachelor of Science in any of the following: Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math, or other Engineering discipline
- U.S. Citizenship is required
Desired Experience Skills & Education:
- Multiple tests of LO targets on ground plane ranges and compact ranges
- Absorber material treatments / design and testing experience (coatings, paint, MAGRAM)
- Academic or applied experience utilizing RF testing techniques, terminology, and test equipment
- Understanding of electromagnetic fundamentals
- Experience with Infrared signature analysis and control
- Experience in the field of infrared signature technology is desirable
- Programming expertise in C++, MATLAB, or other technical language is desirable
- Advanced radar system development or test experience
- Presentation skills and ability to communicate with peers, executives and customers
- Working knowledge of computational electromagnetic codes to include full wave codes, as well as asymptotic techniques using industry standard tools such as XPATCH, , , CARLOS, SENTRi
- Advanced Degree: Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math or other Engineering discipline
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.