Senior Analyst, DevOps Engineer - RemoteBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Full time telecommuting Job ID 177157BR Most Recent Date Posted 06/23/2021 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
Are you passionate about DevSecOps, Containers, Cloud computing, and developing automation to drive engineering optimization and continuous improvement? Do you enjoy helping and interacting with others, and are you comfortable in a fast-paced environment where you frequently need to be flexible and fulfill different roles based on continuously evolving business needs? Do you want to apply your skills to help drive a transformation into a DevSecOps engineering culture within a complex and challenging technical environment? If the answer to these questions is “yes” then this may be the opportunity you are looking for!
This position will report into the Digital Technologies (DT) Common Products and Computing Solutions department and closely work with our DT and Engineering partners to provide support of virtual computing solutions on premise and in the Cloud. The candidate will have primary duties in the support of DevSecOps and Cloud initiatives and will engage with Engineering to develop and support Infrastructure as Code, Configuration as Code, and Containers. This includes support of DevSecOps tooling and collaboration with architects and engineers to define, develop, and deploy DevSecOps and Cloud computing solutions. The selected individual should be a self-starter with the ability to identify opportunities for continuous improvement and work collaboratively with a diverse team of IT and Engineering professionals.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Partnering with Digital Technologies and Engineering to develop DevSecOps solution requirements
- Supporting computing solutions and automated resource provisioning and decommissioning
- Developing and supporting Container-based solutions
- Providing technical support of deployed automation solutions
- Providing technical consultation and guidance to leadership in both Engineering and DT to support major engineering automation implementation and solution selection decisions
- Collaborating with counterparts at other business units to help develop overall Raytheon solutions and ensure that RMD is able to leverage the value of these shared solutions within our programs
- Bachelor's degree in STEM field and minimum of 2 years' of relevant work experience; OR minimum of 8 years’ of relevant professional experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with Containerization technologies (Docker, Podman, Kubernetes, OpenShift), building and deploying containers
- Experience utilizing and supporting automation/CI/CD tools such as Azure DevOps Server and Jenkins
- Experience with automated Infrastructure and Configuration technologies such as Terraform, Ansible, Packer, and Chef
- Experience in application of Software Engineering and DevSecOps principles
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Ability to apply systems thinking and troubleshooting skills in fast-paced, complex environment
- Possess the necessary interpersonal skills to work effectively with geographically diverse team and customers
- Experience developing automation solutions using scripting languages such as Shell/Python/PowerShell
- Experience with Cloud and virtualizations platforms such as AWS, VMWare, vSphere, and ESXi
- Experience working within Agile teams and an understanding of how to apply Agile/SAFe principles to teams
- Proficiency in system administration (Linux and Windows)
- Experience in automated software testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to articulate complex technical concepts in terms that can be understood by multiple audiences
- Passion and tenacity for solving challenging technical problems and a desire to help others
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.