GPS/IMU Subsystems Electrical Engineer IIBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 167228BR Date posted 10/20/2020 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
Overview:Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD) is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets where you’ll be part of a global team working together to solve some of the most demanding challenges on the planet. We are the world's largest developer, producer and integrator of weapon systems. In fact, we've produced over one million missiles in our history. Military forces in more than 50 countries look to us for a high-quality product portfolio that includes missiles, smart munitions, projectiles, kinetic kill vehicles and directed energy weapons. We are able to accomplish this feat because our employees live our Values of Trust, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Accountability. Diversity is a part of our culture and a key to our success. When world-class talent works together in a place that is respectful and inclusive, we solve some of the world's hardest problems.
We know that a diverse company is a strong company. The people of Raytheon Technologies come from different backgrounds. We value our different perspectives and styles of tackling the world’s most complex challenges and toughest threats. Through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), our employees are empowered to impact business results, build professional networks, advocate for causes that matter to them and contribute to their local communities. Diversity of thought is critical to the future of innovation. We leverage these unique voices to generate solutions toward a united and singular purpose: to define the future of aerospace.
The RF and Navigation Subsystems Department within the Electrical Products Team (EPT) at RMD in Tucson, AZ has multiple positions available in the area of Navigation Subsystems consisting of Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) and Global Positioning System (GPS) navigation products. The Department’s focus is complete ownership of the GPS and IMU products including systems engineering, supplier interfacing, subsystem integration, testing and production.
This is an entry-level Electrical Engineer position for an individual with educational experience and professional interest in the development of solutions to GPS and IMU Navigation Subsystems problems.
Navigation Subsystems tasking include:
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Master of Arts or Master of Science Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics, Math, or related Science; Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) degree.
- Must be either currently pursuing a required degree or required degree must have been granted within the last 18 months.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Proficiency in numerical computing environments such as MATLAB.
- Knowledge /coursework of radar, signal & image processing, digital communications, GPS, navigation, control theories, and / or estimation theory.
- Knowledge of physics, random variables and its application to modeling and analysis.
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. 3.0 cumulative GPA desired
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles
- Student Loan Repayment Contribution Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Assistance
- 9/80 work schedule – Every other Friday off
- Onsite Wellness Program – Health Screenings/Flu Shots
- 401K – Savings & Investment Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Rstars is an enterprise-wide recognition program that allows you to give and receive thanks for notable and exceptional performance.
***Please upload a copy of your most recent undergraduate and graduate transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition. Please include your cumulative GPA and projected graduation date on your resume. ***
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.