Export Licensing & Compliance AdvisorBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Classified Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Full time telecommuting Job ID 189790BR Most Recent Date Posted 10/12/2021 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
This position reports to the Global Trade Licensing Manager for the Phalanx program and will be located in Tucson, AZ, Woburn, MA or remotely near these locations. The Export Licensing & Compliance Advisors will be responsible for working with the GT Manager to develop export and import strategies to support programs and capture efforts with international activities. Work closely with internal customers to develop export and import authorizations that allow for the efficient export of technology, technical data, hardware, and services. Apply international trade regulations and laws to real-life situations to enable international business to support programs with international activities. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work in a high-energy, fast-paced environment, developing relationships with internal customers and collaborating with multiple business functions for success.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing consistent interpretation of Customs Regulations, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Foreign Assets Control Regulations, Anti-boycott Regulations, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms Regulations, Foreign Trade Statistical Regulations, and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to Business Unit employees.
- Assisting with the development of authorization strategies for the international marketing, sales, support, offshore procurement and manufacturing of defense and dual use articles.
- Preparing and submitting license applications, Technical Assistance Agreements (TAA), Manufacturing License Agreements (MLA) and other requests for approval to the U.S. Department of State Office of Defense Trade Control Licensing, and U.S. Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security and providing status updates to the programs/requestors.
- Working with JCCB and EO, determining and certifying appropriate legal authority for exports of dual-use commodities and technology and defense article hardware, technical data and defense services.
- Participating in compliance audits and investigations and conduct internal compliance training programs.
- Handling complex licensing issues - permanent and temporary export licenses, temporary import licenses.
- Developing and delivering training as required for employees engaged in international business activities.
- Acting as a resource for entry-level export/import licensing personnel
- 5 years Global Trade experience or related fields to include international business or contracts
- Minimum Bachelor of Science Degree
- Experience with International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- Experience with Technical Assistance Agreement (TAA) and Manufacturing Licensing Agreement (MLA) preparation/administration
- Knowledge of Export Control Reform (ECR) and familiar with Jurisdiction Classification Assessment
Qualifications we Value:
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with multiple business functions for success
- Strong communicator to develop and conduct stand-up training.
- Sincere interest in field of Export Import operations and its strategic impact on global success
- Excellent customer relation/interpersonal skills
- Willing to take on challenges and accept stretch assignments.
- Detail oriented with strong sense of urgency.
- Strong business acumen.
- Proven problem solver with record of strong follow-through for success
- Raytheon 6 Sigma Specialist
- Knowledge of OCR EASE and/or SAP systems
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.