EO-HWIL, VHDL Sr Electrical Engineer IBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 174747BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
We know that a diverse company is a strong company. The people of Raytheon Technologies come from different backgrounds. We value our different perspectives and styles of tackling the world’s most complex challenges and toughest threats. Through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), our employees are empowered to impact business results, build professional networks, advocate for causes that matter to them and contribute to their local communities. Diversity of thought is critical to the future of innovation. We leverage these unique voices to generate solutions toward a united and singular purpose: to define the future of aerospace.
The Test Equipment and Environments Center (TE&EC) is within the Systems Integration & Test directorate at RMD. The Test Equipment and Environments Center (TE&EC) includes all of the engineering disciplines responsible for systems design & test on all Raytheon Missile Defense (RMD) products. Our engineers are responsible for all elements of the development lifecycle for test including: test requirements, test system design, flight simulations, hardware-in-the-loop, computer-in-the-loop, advanced engineering prototyping technology, flight operations for manned and unmanned vehicles, environmental testing, environmental characterization and engineering laboratory management. We are hands-on, designing with the latest technology and tools, and integrate state of the art test solutions with the most advanced engineering systems in the world.
Experienced level engineer position for an individual with educational and professional experience in the development and implementation of FPGA and SoC programmable logic for communications and/or data processing applications. The individual will be responsible for the development, implementation, and utilization of HDL and hardware to interface with the weapon subsystems in a way that provides an operationally relevant stimulus to allow for weapon software development integration. The individual is expected to work in a team environment, on diverse projects and receive direction from his/her lead. The individual will be required to provide development support throughout product lifecycle, from initial concept to acceptance delivery to maintenance. The individual is expected to work in accordance with the Systems Integration and Test directives and processes to perform product design, development, implementation and maintenance.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- degree in
Desired Education, Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in multi-disciplined teams and have the ability to multi-task
- Experience in high speed interfaces such as SRIO, JESD204, Aurora or GigE
- Experience with Timing Closure and utilizing vendor debug tools such as Chipscope or SignalTap
- Working knowledge in the integration of software drivers for the operation of computer hardware interfaces
- Working knowledge of C/C++ and/or in computer scripting language such as Shell/Perl/Python
- Experience and knowledge developing requirements for FPGA products. Understanding of computer architecture and computer hardware optimization techniques
- Working knowledge of Configuration Management principles, environments and tools
- Knowledge and experience with configuration management tools such as Synergy, Subversion or git
- Working knowledge/course work of radar, signal & image processing, digital communications, control theories, estimation theory and/or electro optics
- Candidates must be able to develop technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.