Entry-Level Operations Research Simulation Developer and Analyst II (OR*)Businesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 186263BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/19/2021 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and possibilities are forged in times of change and you will be on the front lines as we trail blaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in creating
As an Entry-Level Operations Research Analyst and Simulation Developer II, you will participate in challenging multi-disciplinary research across integrated product teams consisting of Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC), Signal Processing and Performance Simulation. You will participate in the design, development, and utilization of high fidelity digital simulation software in advanced technical computing environments and contribute in system modeling and data analysis activities for the purposes of supporting new business, missile system design, performance assessment and flight tests according to the program schedule.
There’s no such thing as a perfect candidate, so don’t hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Participate in the development and implementation of model-based solutions to support mission trade studies and performance simulations and ensure they meet defined requirements and functions.
- You will contribute your knowledge of performance engineering practices, and procedures, to evaluate work across a wide range of intriguing computational problems.
- You will contribute and collaborate in a team environment, receiving inputs from the program or team experts, and work on diverse projects, determining and developing approaches and solutions.
- You will provide development support throughout the product lifecycle.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Operations Research, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering, or Mathematics
- Must have two (2) years or more of documented work and/or academic experience in the following areas:
- Applying software development processes and object oriented design using C/C++
- Using scripting languages such as Shell, Perl, or Python
- Using numerical computing environments such as MATLAB
- Creating models and simulations (not solid modeling)
- Optimizing application performance
- In System Engineering and Analysis or Operations Research
- Using Unix or Linux computing environments
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Masters’ degree in Operations Research, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering, or Math preferred
- Experience with statistical and data analysis and commercial data analysis software packages
- Experience in Software requirements development
- Experience in Software design, integration, and test
- Experience communicating and interacting with government counterparts
- Experience with distributed simulation protocols such as DIS, HLA or TENA
- Experience with STL and Boost Libraries
- Experience in Military CONOPs
Whether you are just starting out on your career journey, or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package including compensation, healthcare, wellness, retirement, work/life benefits, career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.