Engineering Fellow - Warheads Modeling Simulation and AnalysisBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 185010BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/04/2021 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
If your answers are yes:
The Advanced Lethality and Computation Energetics team within the Energetics and Propulsion (E&P) Department of the Effectors and Ground Equipment Center, Mechanical Product Team wants to learn more about you! The Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD), Tucson, AZ, facility is searching for an Engineering Fellow in modeling, simulation and analysis of warhead technologies with emphasis in
department has the responsibility to provide, develop and maintain performance simulations for all missiles system products in Air Warfare, Counter-UAS, Hypersonics, Land Warfare, Missile Defense, Naval Warfare, and support new business initiatives. Responsibilities within E&P will also include, but are not limited to: (1) Road map development for high fidelity performance simulations; (2) Design of complex missile system configuration and their environments using multi-physics simulation sciences; and (3) Pre-flight/storage, flight interception, post flight, lethality prediction including verification and validation.
E&P Fellows are demonstrated industry leaders, versatile, innovative, and eager to share their knowledge.
Learn more and apply today to discuss your future within RMD!
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Engineering Fellow in Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis of warhead technologies will serve as a strategic leader who will define where a program or product line is heading or needs to go, while considering the technical and programmatic aspects of how to get there. The Fellow must then drive the execution of that strategy across multiple programs.
- Strong advocate for technical integrity of modeling, simulation and analysis products across multiple programs and product lines.
- You will be viewed as an expert and serve as a subject matter expert to the organization in determining and developing required technologies to achieve organization growth objectives in the area of modeling & simulation, algorithm development, or performance-related analysis.
- Technical lead in a team environment on diverse projects, providing independently determined solutions to create high fidelity simulations and models for missile system design, performance assessment, flight test support, trade studies and analysis.
- Mentor engineers.
- Work independently or through leadership of teams to solve the hardest Modeling/Simulation/Analysis challenges.
An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for 3 additional years of experience.
Qualifications You Must Have
- Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)
- Twelve (12) years’ experience designing and performing analysis with high fidelity performance simulations, using tools for analysis of data sets
- Recent applied work experience coding in C/C++ (or other high order language) and UNIX/Linux based workstations.
- Author of intellectual property (patent disclosures) or conference/journal publications in a modeling, simulation, or analysis technical area within the past ten (10) years.
- Experience providing engineering support for programs through participation in project design reviews and/or peer reviews, including preparing/delivering technical briefings to internal leadership and external customers.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value
- Advanced degree in aforementioned disciplines. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
- Recognized technical authority in modeling, simulation, and analysis of warhead technologies - .
- High level of analytical ability to drive technical solutions.
- Well known with established relationships in industry.
- Proven knowledge of fundamental concepts, with high level of analytical ability to drive technical solutions.
- Ability to actively participate in definition of team objectives and provide solutions to complex technical tasks.
- A strategic leader who does not operate in a silo, but can think about where a program or product line is heading or needs to go, while considering the technical aspects of how to get us there.
- Mentor, champion of respect, diversity and ethics.
- Complementary expertise in the areas of target vulnerability, materials and processing, fuzing, propulsion, manufacturing, production, hardware design and test.
- Business development experience including technical and cost proposal preparation.
- Familiarity with defense product lifecycles.
- Excellent verbal and written communications with internal and/or external customers and team members.
- Current Secret or Top Secret Department of Defense Clearance.
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.)185010
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.