Electro-Optical Products & Technologies - Electro-Optics Summer 2021 Internship - Tucson, AZBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 168101BR Date posted 10/20/2020 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD) is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets where you’ll be part of a global team working together to solve some of the most demanding challenges on the planet. We are the world's largest developer, producer and integrator of weapon systems. In fact, we've produced over one million missiles in our history. Military forces in more than 50 countries look to us for a high-quality product portfolio that includes missiles, smart munitions, projectiles, kinetic kill vehicles and directed energy weapons. We are able to accomplish this feat because our employees live our Values of Trust, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Accountability. Diversity is a part of our culture and a key to our success. When world-class talent works together in a place that is respectful and inclusive, we solve some of the world's hardest problems.
We know that a diverse company is a strong company. The people of Raytheon Technologies come from different backgrounds. We value our different perspectives and styles of tackling the world’s most complex challenges and toughest threats. Through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), our employees are empowered to impact business results, build professional networks, advocate for causes that matter to them and contribute to their local communities. Diversity of thought is critical to the future of innovation. We leverage these unique voices to generate solutions toward a united and singular purpose: to define the future of aerospace.
The Electrical Products Team (EPT) - Electro-Optical Products and Technology (EOPT) Department is currently searching for an Electro Optical / System Engineering Summer 2021 Intern with interest or experience in the EO field. Chosen team member will be responsible for spending their time learning and assisting on development programs. Chosen team member will be asked to be flexible while learning subsystem architecture, subsystem integration, or hardware design and innovation related roles that could include design, design review, production support, process and metric development.
Depending on the individual's area of interest and experience, responsibilities may include:
· Participate as mentee and Individual Contributor supporting program activities
· Optical alignment/testing of telescope assembly
· Implementation of automated test and assembly processes
· EO modeling, simulation, and analysis applications
· Requirements development, requirement validation, and subsystem trade studies
· Design of optical and opto-mechanical seeker systems and/or test fixtures for missiles
· Working with engineering and production personnel to troubleshoot and provide root cause and corrective action to design and process issues
· Support production related activities in the assembly and documentation of electro-optical subsystems
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Post-Graduate level that is currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science or Graduate degree in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or related Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) degree.
- Optical design or system integration and test experience or course work in one or more of the following areas: optical testing and alignment, optical laboratory experience.
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.3.0 cumulative GPA desired.
- Class projects, professional internships, or academic research demonstrating the ability to apply technical course work or computer skills. Effective communication and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with systems engineering including requirements development, requirement validation, and subsystem trade studies.
- Using Computer Analysis Tools (MatLab, CodeV, FRED, or Microsoft Excel for EO modeling, simulation, and analysis applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles.
Location: This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly,caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of ametropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape andmajestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work.Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days peryear, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
- Student Loan Repayment Contribution Program
- 9/80 work schedule – Every other Friday off
- Onsite Wellness Program – Health Screenings/Flu Shots
- 401K – Savings & Investment Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Rstars is an enterprise-wide recognition program that allows you to give and receive thanks for notable and exceptional performance.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
*** Please upload a copy of your most recent undergraduate and graduate transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition. Please include your cumulative GPA and projected graduation date on your resume. ***
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.