Early Career GNC Engineer - out of college 18 monthsBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 175981BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/08/2021 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
Did you graduate with a STEM degree at least 18 months ago?
Would you like an opportunity with a global business entrusted with the mission of making the world a safer place?
We are the world's largest developer, producer and integrator of weapon systems. In fact, we have produced over one million missiles in our history. Military forces in more than 50 countries look to us for a high-quality product portfolio that includes missiles, smart munitions, projectiles, kinetic kill vehicles and directed energy weapons. We are seeking early career GNC engineering professionals to work in our Tucson, AZ location. At RMD, we are committed to helping you achieve your goals, connecting you with mentors to help you grow, and supporting your success in and out of the workplace.
The Algorithm and Simulation team is hiring GNC engineers with experience to work in one of the following areas within the organization: State Estimation and Optimization, Guidance Design, or GPS.
Entry-level position performing duties in one or more of the following areas: missile guidance design, air vehicle design, navigation design, control system design, embedded software and missile performance analysis.
- Missile guidance tasks include guidance law development, state estimation, sensor fusion, trajectory shaping and miss distance performance optimization
- Navigation tasks include system trade studies, component modeling of inertial measurement units (IMU) and global positioning systems (GPS), as well as simulation of navigation algorithms particularly Kalman filters
- Embedded software includes real-time GNC algorithm development for missile system products
- Missile performance analysis includes model development, system optimization and Monte Carlo assessments with expected system disturbances
Required Education, Skills and Experience (Systems Engineer II):
NOTE: If you have completed your degree within the last 18 months, please apply to Raytheon Missiles & Defense college jobs under www.raytheon.com/campus
- BS degree in Engineering or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics.
- Minimum of two (2) years of applied (non-academic) work experience (OR a Master’s degree in STEM with academic experience and graduated 18+ months ago)
- Strong academic and/or work experience including one or more of the following: digital and modern control systems, dynamics, Kalman filter design, Monte Carlo, or signal processing
- Computer skills including Matlab, C, C++, and/or Object Oriented design.
- Experience with UNIX and LINUX operating systems as well as Microsoft products
- US citizenship.
- Advanced degree in STEM. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
- Class projects, professional internships, or academic research demonstrating the ability to apply technical course work or computer skills
- Effective communication and organization skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with strong collaboration skills
- Current DoD clearance
The people of Raytheon Technologies come from different backgrounds. We value our different perspectives and styles of tackling the world’s most complex challenges and toughest threats.
Through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), our employees are empowered to impact business results, build professional networks, advocate for causes that matter to them and contribute to their local communities.
Diversity of thought is critical to the future of innovation. We leverage these unique voices to generate solutions toward a united and singular purpose: to define the future of aerospace.
Check us out on YouTube:
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.