DOORS Administrator IBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 184718BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/04/2021 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
As a Dynamic Object Oriented Requirement System (DOORS) administrator within the System Design and Architecture Directorate, you will manage the IBM Rational DOORS requirements database for various programs. The position applies knowledge of standard system engineering processes as they relate to requirements management. The role requires regular computer use to include IBM Rational DOORS, Rational Publishing Engine, Microsoft Office products, Windchill, Sherpa PDM, Risk Register, Peer Review tool, Rational Team Concert, and Rhapsody.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Importing documents from various source files, creation and population of attributes, creation of link modules/link sets, and creation of links for various purposes (i.e.: traceability, verification, analysis), and managing access to database.
- Requirements management in alignment with SE IPDS within the DOORS database. Includes locking documents down for change control, proposing changes, reviewing effectivity of proposed changes, exporting change notices, holding various reviews, approving and incorporating approved changes in database, exporting new releases for vaulting in program's data management tool (typically either Windchill or Sherpa PDM)
- Providing frequent input, guidance, and training to the program’s DOORS users to enable the most efficient usage of the DOORS tool
- Engaging with Program Data Management and Configuration Management personnel to ensure processes are in alignment with program's tailored requirements
- Generating reports out of DOORS for program status.
- Troubleshooting errors/issues associated with the DOORS database. This could include evaluating unique program situations to come up with a tailored DOORS approach.
Dual Grade req info - This position can be a G06 or a G07, based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor's Degree -
- Experience in one or more of the following technical domains:
- Microsoft Excel, and Word including; filtering, sorting, formulas, formatting, exporting and importing
- Technical writing
- Engineering background
Qualifications We Value:
- Working experience with Rational DOORS and Windchill
- Strong organization and training skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced engineering environment
- Experience working with program managers, integrated product team leaders, suppliers, and customers
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
Location Information: This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.