Building Automation Control Engineer IBusinesses Raytheon Technologies Corporate Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 180093BR Most Recent Date Posted 05/04/2021 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
Raytheon Technologies Facilities has an opening for a Controls Engineer (Principal Facilities Engineer) position. Provide administrative management and engineering support for the Facilities & Real Estate infrastructure monitoring and control systems. The role of Controls Engineer requires ensuring proper choices are made for system compatibility, operation, control, and monitoring of building automation, metering, and analytical systems. Support includes design and new construction, daily operations, and maintenance. The primary aim of this position is supporting Raytheon and the Facilities Organizations goals for reduced operating and maintenance cost.
- Support Facilities infrastructure networks working with IT and IT Security ensuring user access and compliance with policy
- Identify system upgrades and new devices/equipment needing added to Facilities systems
- Acquire applications (and related tools) for systems required by Facilities Organizations
- Work with Facilities Engineering to ensure proper integration of systems and devices
- Interface with system vendors to ensure mutual understanding of Raytheon’s various system requirements
- Work with Operations commissioning teams to ensure proper operation of systems
- Work with Operations Sustainability Management for application support, data input, and proper analytics
- Support Maintenance teams with system related issue and concerns
- Provide support to the Facilities Operation Center team with system interfaces for monitoring and control
- Provide training and knowledge sharing to Operations and other staff
- Develop best practices, procedures, and tools for successful implementation, operation, and maintenance of systems
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience in building automation management, engineering, installation, and service or related work experience
- IT systems knowledge of networking functions and capabilities, applications interfaces, system hardware, and policies. Facilities systems experience in HVAC, mechanical, and electrical systems. Experience with and understanding of building automation systems installation, commissioning, and service.
- Experience with controls logic and systems engineering.
- Energy management experience and an understanding of system impact on energy and water consumption.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Read and understand project drawings including P&ID.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to exert influence and elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including management, internal customers, vendors, and other departments.
- Acts as an advisor to team members and subordinates to resolve issues and find system development solutions.
- Self-starting highly motivated and goal oriented.
- Attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality.
- Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints.
- Adept at conducting research into issues and products.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project.
- Management in field of Building Automation Systems service or installation and engineering
- ICONICS Genesis64 automation software application
- Familiarity with Raytheon business processes, approval cycles, and IT policies
Bachelor’s in Engineering, Facilities, Business Administration or related discipline. In the absence of a degree an equivalent amount of professional experience and education ( 12 years) will be considered
- This position may require access to systems/tools that are restricted to individuals who possess US citizenship
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.