Associate Coating Technician-Third ShiftBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01407605 Date posted 09/15/2020 City Tinker AFB State Oklahoma Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW215: Tinker Air Force Base OC-ALC 3001 Staff Dr, Tinker AFB, OK, 73145 USA
Associate Coating Technician-Third Shift
- Unload, prep and package products used in coatings process. Participate in set up of machines and tooling; perform routine maintenance of equipment as required.
- Use hand-cleaning methods to clean parts to be treated and coated. Perform various operations on parts including bake, paint, and unclassified laser processes. Perform masking and de-masking operations; craft and remove parts into holding fixtures.
- Perform assembly of components to parts. Operate tools of varying complexity to treat applications to parts; operate equipment of varying complexity including robots, hand tools, computers and computer programs.
- Run manual and automated equipment, ovens and furnaces, media equipment cleaning operations and hole drilling equipment, where methods and processes are developed and closely controlled.
- Monitor and document coatings processes using high precision metrology equipment to measure and record results of work in progress and finished products.
- Follow EHS procedures including maintaining compliance to certification requirements and use appropriate PPE for each assigned task; make recommendations to improve ergonomics, health and safety of work.
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing practices and methods including the application and characteristics of coatings, powders, and other materials. Use of applied mathematics including algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and basic lab testing procedures as well as the ability to read and interpret complicated drawings and specifications, and use a variety of precision measuring instruments.
- Set up, adjust, and operate a wide variety of manually and numerically-controlled auxiliary equipment in support of coating operations, within assigned area.
- Check work both visually and with gauges provided.
- Clean out coating chambers during changeovers; clean and make minor repairs to fixturing equipment, such as, removing and replacing broken bolts or details.
- Perform routine servicing throughout the assigned area following specified procedures and written instructions (such as operator’s checklist) for upkeep to assure equipment operates properly.
- High School Diploma / GED.
- 2+ years’ experience working in a technical field e.g. mechanical, electrical, machinist, military.
- Must be able to work overtime and be available for any shift assignment.
- Ability to lift 25+ lbs. required.
- U.S. Citizenship due to government contract.
- Ability to pass and maintain a government Secret Clearance
- 2+ years of previous work experience with coating application processes and techniques.
- 2+ years’ experience reading and interpreting 2D drives, Micrometers and Calipers.
- 2+ years’ experience using fixed or variable measuring instruments to check dimensions.
- Ability to understand and work from operation sheets, simple drawings, and process operating procedures.
- Prior Military from a technical related field
Raytheon Technologies is An EqualOpportunity/AffirmativeAction Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms