WLE Section Manager - Technology InitiativesBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 169393BR Date posted 10/01/2020 City Tewksbury State MA Country United States
This WLE Section Manager will be responsible for leading approximately 20 personnel executing various facets of Supply & Maintenance Engineering, Technology Insertion and Conditioned Based Maintenance.
In this role, you’ll personally support program Logistics, Maintenance planning / execution, and/or Transportation Activities, on programs approximately 75% of the time.
As the technical section engineering lead, your responsibilities will also include interfacing with stakeholders including Engineering, Global Supply Chain and Senior Leadership and leading technical strategy and deployment of solutions in one or more of the following areas:
- Product Health Management for Condition Based Maintenance
- Digital Engineering / Digital Twin for Sustainment
- Digital Sustainment & Tool Integrations
Additional responsibilities will include the following employee-focused areas:
- Employee performance development and assessment
- Employee productivity improvement (including use of CMMI and Six Sigma)
- Budgeting and manpower planning
- Project cost account management using EVMS, cost proposal and EAC preparation
- Personnel issue resolution
- Ensuring compliance with company policies/procedures
- Ensuring all personnel are properly prepared and trained for the scope of their tasks, and Leveraging best practices across all programs.
Some travel is required.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- 8+ years’ experience in engineering, supply chain, logistics or manufacturing operations
- 6+ years of experience in the aforementioned areas along with a relevant Master’s Degree may be considered for this job.
- Leadership or supervisory experience
- Budget management experience
- US citizenship is required
- Experience with Transportation, Government Property, Configuration Management and Maintenance planning / execution on fielded assets.
- Experience with International Depot planning and operations including, refurbishment, re-capitalization and preventive maintenance of complex military systems
- Experience with radar systems, physical security systems and military communication shelters.
- Understanding of electrical engineering design and construction principles
- Familiarity with large-scale proposals focusing on sustainment activities, technical volumes, cost and schedule planning.
- Familiarity with management of program support, subcontractor oversight and customer relationships.
- Demonstrated experience (preferably expertise) in Supply & Maintenance or MRP systems (SAP/PRISM)
- Experience with reviews of employee's work products, including Estimates at Completion (EAC) process and Variance Analysis Reports
- Experience with Raytheon Missiles & Defense proposal process, including use of SBT, the generation of compliant BOEs, and the Program Management Estimate Request (PMER) tool
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across multiple Customer, Program and Functional organizations including preparing and conducting briefings.
- Familiarity with Performance Development process
- Familiarity with staffing and Engineering Labor Forecasting (ELF)
- Experience with the RMD hiring process to include writing job requisitions, interacting with Talent Acquisition and conducting interviews
- Six Sigma Specialist (or higher) qualification
- Raytheon EV certification
- Must have effective interpersonal communication skills and a proven ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to motivate team members by providing an open environment conducive for each employee to reach his/her full potential
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to multi-task
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills
- Existing Security clearance
- BS in a STEM discipline or BA in Mathematics, Physics or Computer Science
This job is posted internally as: Manager II Engineering
Here at Raytheon Missiles & Defense, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that’s shared by our employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits on offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.