Technical Support Engineer - Electrical Analysis II or Senior (Multi- Level)Businesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 179203BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Tewksbury State MA Country United States
The Electrical Analysis Undersea, Radar, and Antenna Systems Section of the Materials Engineering Department is seeking an individual to fulfill the role of a Failure Analysis Technical Support Engineer. This position will support programs and their mission of performing electrical and materials root cause failure analysis and component evaluations. The position requires the knowledge and basic understanding of electrical schematics, circuit analysis, digital processing, RF analysis, die level analysis, and the materials of electrical components (metal wire bonding, substrates, solder, adhesives, & encapsulants). The devices evaluated can range from simple passive devices to complex custom microcircuits as well as cables, connectors, motors, etc.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
The position requires the ability to work through each step of an analysis, including external visual photo-documentation, electrical test, non-destructive troubleshooting, environmental testing, x-ray evaluation, destructive testing, decapsulation, cross-sections, internal visual photo-documentation, and writing a detailed final report. The position requires the ability to operate and learn the available laboratory equipment such as microcsopes, oscilloscopes, power supplies, multimeters, LCR analyzers, curve tracers, semiconductor parameter analyzers, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, frequency generators, signal generators, power meters, hipot testers, megohmmeters, laser millers, plasma etchers, chemical jet etchers, bond puller, etc. In addition, this role requires researching, investigating, and experimenting with various new failure analysis techniques.
The position requires the ability to work on several analyses concurrently. This role requires collaboration across the department to work with section members with areas of expertise in materials and chemistry.
NOTE: This position can be Salary Grade G07 (Technical Support Engineer II) or Salary Grade G08 (Senior Technical Support Engineer I) based upon the applicant’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements of the position.
An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for additional years of experience as follows: Master’s is equal to 2 years of experience or a Ph.D. is equal to 4 years of experience.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or additional 2 years of electrical and/or electronics analysis experience may be substituted for each 1 year of college
- For, Technical Support Engineer II – Two (2) years of experience in the analysis of microcircuits, active & passive electrical components.
- For, Senior Tech Support Engineer I - Four (4) years of experience in the analysis of microcircuits, active & passive electrical components.
- Experience with electronic component failure analysis
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following engineering disciplines: Electrical Engineering, or Material Science or Physics with experience in component failure analysis
- 6 plus years of direct related experience in the analysis of microcircuits, active & passive electrical components
- Knowledge of Government Component Documents i.e. MIL-STD, MIL-PRF, and MIL-HDBK specifications, and associated QPLs and QMLs. (MIL-STDs 750 / 883, MIL-PRF 38534, 38534, 19500, 1580 etc.)
- Data collection and presentation skills to write a cogent report, supporting the analysis conclusion and if necessary present the data and findings
- Ability to effectively work parallel analyses
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with component data sheets and drawings
- Experience with electrical test equipment such as (DMM, Curve Tracer, Parametric Analyzers, etc.)
- Technical working knowledge of electronic component parts and their application
- Knowledge of reading electrical schematics and circuit analysis
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.