Sr Electrical Engineer - Test Equipment Design and DevelopmentBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 188235BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/22/2021 City Tewksbury State MA Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
Raytheon Missiles & Defense seeks a highly motivated, hands-on engineer for a position in the Test Development Department (TDD); a team focused on creating test equipment for Integrated Defense Systems products.
You’ll join a hands-on development team of multi-disciplined engineers that fosters engineering excellence and creativity, and takes pride in seeing the end product in the hands of the customer. We work with a wide variety of assembly levels ranging from CCA to sub-assemblies to full systems.
Department Areas of Expertise:
- Robotic automation
- System level design
- CCA Design
- RF Design
- High speed digital
- National Instrument Hardware and Software Test Platforms (PXI, LabVIEW/TestStand/LabWindows/CVI programming)
- High Voltage Design
- Legacy Test Station Troubleshooting
- FPGA Firmware Design
- Text based (e.g. C, Python, Java) Coding
- Embedded computing (Raspberry pi, Arduino, PLC)
Responsibilities to Anticipate
- Develop test hardware, software, and/or firmware through its development cycle, from requirements definition through deployment at manufacturing or customer facilities. These test capabilities may span disciplines (Power, RF, Analog, Digital) and domains (hardware, software, firmware).
- Work with Hardware Design and Operations teams to ensure the test equipment required for production meets standards for manufacturing.
- Actively identify test readiness issues and optimizations through development lifecycle.
- Guide mechanical engineering and/or suppliers through test adapter design activities, with limited support from management.
- Lead a small team to meet established project budget, schedule, and performance commitments
- Engage in personal technical growth and encourage technical growth in peers and junior engineers.
- Prepare and clearly present your work product to at status meetings.
- Support Manufacturing operations, including on-site troubleshooting and debugging, both independently and in collaboration with design engineering teams.
- Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)
- 4+ years of experience in engineering design and development, with some exposure to test equipment design and development activities
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Experience working as a member of a team
- Experience with National Instruments’ TestStand, LabWindows/CVI, and/or LabVIEW
- Experience with Digital, Analog, RF, and/or Power Supply test hardware and/or software design
- Experience with VXI / VME / MXI / PXI / CompactPCI application development
- Experience with commercial test and measurement equipment
- VHDL and embedded system design knowledge
- Software applications / programming skills
- Understanding of engineering processes: CMMI, 6 sigma
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon Missiles & Defense offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon Missiles & Defense offers include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.