Senior Systems Security Engineer - Cyber/ISSEBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 174239BR Date posted 01/20/2021 City Tewksbury State MA Country United States
We are currently seeking an Senior Systems Security Engineer - Cyber/ISSE to function as a key contributor for the Systems Design Directorate team in the Massachusetts area (i.e. Woburn, Tewksbury, etc).
The Systems Design & Architecture team is the central focus for Mission Systems Integration activities within Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD). Join this highly visible team and perform technically challenging assignments, which will directly contribute to protecting our nation and our war fighters. RMD created Systems Security Engineering (SSE) to expand growth opportunities with a focus on system Anti-Tamper (AT) and Cyber Security architecture, requirements, design and implementation, as well as Cyber resiliency, threat awareness, and integration of Enterprise Cyber capabilities into RMD franchise solutions.
- Establish and manage a program vision.
- Lead engineering execution across all IPTs, CPTs, and disciplines within the Program.
- Primary Cyber Solutions POC with the customer senior counterparts.
- Responsibility to manage all program engineering related activities related to the development of the exportable version of the system. Authority over and direct management of the program leads to ensure that products are delivered on time, on budget and meet system requirements.
- Support the development of cybersecurity requirements, design and architecture artifacts, plans, and policies.
- Defining security development and test efforts implementation of security controls of networking devices, databases, operating systems, and hardware and software components
- Understanding and integrating cybersecurity development activities.
- Support the development of RMF documents and controls validation testing for Authority to Operate (ATO) accreditations.
- Performing analysis on cybersecurity collected data and test results.
- Conducting cybersecurity audits to ensure appropriate implementation and compliance of the security posture.
- Conducting technical and nontechnical trade studies.
- Collaborating with program and engineering disciplines and ensuring the cybersecurity solution alternatives.
- Understanding and compliance with DoD technology release and export licensing policies.
- Minimum of 4+ years of Technical (hands-on) experience related to Information Assurance/Cyber Engineering requirements, determination, development, and implementation.
- Experience in the field of Systems Engineering, including any of the following: System Requirements definition and analysis, System Test and Analysis, and Systems Engineering Studies.
- Experience in security systems engineering involving various computer hardware and software S/W operating system and application solutions in both a stand-alone and in LAN/WAN configurations.
- Experience with security features and/or vulnerability analysis of various operating systems as defined by Intelligence agencies, NIST, DISA (STIGs) and USCYBERCOM.
- Experience with IA vulnerability testing and related network and system test tools; e.g., Retina, NMap, Nessus, Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP).
- Experience with information security toolset including: anti-virus, Vulnerability Assessment, HIDS/ NIDS, host-based or endpoint security solutions, Multi Factor Authentication (MFA), and Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) and centralized auditing tools.
- DoDI 8570.01-M IAT Level-II Compliant Certification (e.g. Security+ or CISSP or equivalent).
- Experience leading and growing a team of engineers.
- Collaborating with program and engineering disciplines and ensuring cybersecurity solution alternatives.
- Experience with IT and/or network and system security administration, including operating system security configuration and account management best practices for UNIX, MS Windows, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and CISCO systems.
- Understanding of Systems Engineering requirements, specifications, and Experience implementing DoD and Federal IA Certification and Accreditation Processes, IA controls and developing and maintaining associated certification and accreditation documentation.
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Familiar with NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) as described in NIST Special Publication 800-37
- Familiar with Program Protection Plan (PPP) required by DoDI 5000.02 and DoDI 5200.39
- Security related Network (e.g., Cisco) and Operating Systems (e.g., Linux, Windows, Solaris) certification or training
- Knowledge of Agile / DevOps techniques.
- Experience with multi-level security.
- Knowledge of DoD Exportability/Releasability Requirements.
- Experience working U.S. Government contract proposals as an Information Assurance Engineer subject matter expert.
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics); advanced degree(s) Business or related discipline
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
At Raytheon Technologies, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that’s shared by Raytheon Technologies employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon Technologies offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon Technologies offers include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon Technologies' Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.174239
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.