Senior Software Configuration EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 187900BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/12/2021 City Tewksbury State MA Country United States
The Mechanical Products Team (MPT) is responsible for mechanical design, analysis, and test of all sensor and effector products across the RMD portfolio.
The Configuration and Data Management(CDM) organization is responsible for ensuring our products are under configuration control and delivered on time. The CDM Organization consists of multiple disciplines that support engineering, our program offices and our customers. Disciplines in the CDM organization participate in the life cycle of our products from conception to deactivation. The CDM organization is comprised of Effector CM (ECM), Data Management (DM/DEX), Software Configuration Management (SWCM), and Sensor CM (SCM).
The SWCM department is looking for a full-time and on-site Senior, located in Tewksbury, MA.
Responsibilities to Anticipate
- Design, plan, enforce and coordinate CM processes and procedures
- Configuration Planning & Identification
- Change Management & Version Control
- Configuration Audits
- Product Release
- Manage digital product development libraries
- Document and maintain guidelines and standards for dependency management, build and versioning
- SWCM Tool administration / manage all access to the source code repository (i.e. Microsoft Azure DevOps Server (ADS) / Git)
- Administer/manage devSecOps tools like coverity
- Facilitate the Digital Change Review Board (DCRB)
- Maintain familiarity with program schedule, identifying risks and aligning work to promote reuse and efficiency
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in engineering disciplines, natural or physical sciences, mathematics, physics, computer science, management information systems, or related Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) field. (An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for 2 additional years of experience).
- 5 years professional engineering experience
- Experience with version control and change management tool(s)
- Software Configuration Management technology, Information Technology (IT), and/or development experience
- Experience in Windows and Unix/Linux Operating Systems
- An active and in-scope DoD Security clearance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of solving complex problems, sharing knowledge and documenting work
- Experience with SWCM tools (Microsoft Azure DevOps Server (ADS) - Git, IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC), and/or IBM Rational Synergy
- Experience with scripting programming languages (i.e., Perl, Kshell, batch, Python, Ruby, Jenkins, or Chef)
- Experience with Continuous Improvement, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) concepts
- Database / SWCM tool administration experience
- Proven experience with configuration management concepts and implementation
- Experience with software industry best practices such as Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI)
- Work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
Whether you are just starting out your career journey, or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package, including compensation, healthcare, wellness, retirement, work/life benefits, career development, and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance, and child/adult backup care.
Check us out on YouTube:
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances is on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.