Principal System Safety EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Full time telecommuting Job ID 188249BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/21/2021 City Tewksbury State MA Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
Whole Life Engineering (WLE) is responsible for ensuring our products are Safe, Reliable, Maintainable and delivered on time. WLE consists of multiple disciplines that support engineering, our program offices and our customers. Our WLE disciplines participate in the total life cycle of our products from conception to deactivation. Our focus area is product support, including the following disciplines: Reliability System Safety and Supportability.
As a Principal System Safety Engineer, you’re an integral part of a team responsible for the design/development process. Your multi-disciplinary team is responsible for system safety on a large scale, real-time weapon system program. Your contributions will influence hardware parts of the system.
**Please note that while we highly value Systems Safety Engineering experience, for this role we’re focusing on hiring an individual with outstanding experience with Electrical Engineering, Electrical Power Systems Engineering, Power Systems Engineering or the equivalent.**
There's no such thing as a perfect candidate, so don't hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Conducting Safety Analyses and documenting results (Preliminary Hazards List/Analysis, System Hazard Analysis, Hazard Tracking Logs, Functional Hazard Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Safety Assessment Report)
- Documenting hazards and maintain Hazard Tracking System
- Developing System and Subsystem Safety Requirements and providing requirements analysis and flow-down of Safety requirements and attributes in the Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS)
- Supporting change review boards
- Participating in System Safety Working Groups and Technical Interchange Meetings
- Developing Technical Data Packages and Presentations for Safety Board Reviews
- Representing System Safety Engineering and presenting results of safety analyses at formal program design reviews
- Partner verification procedures to ensure Safety Significant requirements are tested at the proper level of rigor
- Ensuring tasks are completed on time and within budget
Qualifications You Must Have:
Education: BS in a STEM degree or BA in Mathematics, Computer Science, Chemistry or Physics. Preference for BS in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Power Engineering, Power Systems Engineering, or Similar
- 8+ years’ experience as an Electrical Engineer, Power Systems Engineer, or equivalent
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. US citizenship is required as only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Experience working with U.S. Army, Navy, Marine Corps, or USAF combat/weapon systems and Ordnance
- Proficiency with National Electric Code NFPA70
- Experience developing and verifying system requirements
- Use of tools, such as Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) database tool, Clearcase, Windchill Product Data Manager (PDM), Jenkins
- Experience with a wide application of technical theories and concepts related to system safety engineering and combat/weapon systems design
- Experience planning, analyzing and reporting results IAW MIL-STD-882
- Knowledge of MIL-HDBK-454, MIL-STD-1472, MIL-STD-1474, MIL-STD-464
- Experience with Earned Value (EV) Management
- Experience developing proposals and basis of estimates
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
Additional Details: This job is posted internally as: Principal Engineer, Systems Engineering188249
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.