The CONUS Material Program Manager (MPM) Lead for Patriot Poland is responsible for providing Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) leadership across the FMS program to include CONUS and OCONUS content. The Lead MPM must co-ordinate Phase 1 execution of all deliverables for the MPM team in providing status, actions and strategy to the Poland Program as well as liaison across the GSCM broader sub-teams (Patriot Product Line, Strategic Sourcing Organization etc). This role will also drive development of subcontract and proposal/material strategies for future Polska program capture and negotiation. This position encompasses not only normal MPM strategic activities but also broader Supply Chain engagement on all other tasking as needed to support the Patriot Poland program including indirect procurements, in-country storage and engagements with the RTX sister companies.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the US and Polish supply base, Patriot Product Line and international operations. They will draw from past leadership experience in Supply Chain with Material Program Management and Subcontract Management skills to lead the coordination, communication and integration of subcontractors to support the FMS contract technical, financial and performance objectives. Successful candidates will also have knowledge of contracts, production control and logistics all of which is required to facilitate and fulfil the co-ordination in an MPM lead role. This candidate must have the business acumen to connect technical concerns to contract performance, extracting critical information from complex situations in order to proactively identify and resolve problems as well as know when to escalate for help or awareness. The selected candidate will create the vision around key suppliers, drive systemic improvements for material flow and accountability, and instill a ‘can-do’ sense of ownership within the supply chain team.
Executive presence and leadership are key for customer and senior Raytheon briefings. The candidate should have proven examples of effective and succinct communication to Directors, Vice Presidents, the Program team and all Functional Leaders.
This position will report to the Poland Supply Chain Director and be matrixed to the In Country Poland FMS Program Director. The position is located in Massachusetts, USA.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Instilling a culture within the program supply chain team towards strategic thinking, planning, procurement and material management excellence
- Accountable for creating a vision around supply chain requirements and process initiatives, driving improvements for material flow and accountability
- RONA and monthly reporting requirements
- Developing material strategies and overseeing the preparation and execution of Material Program Plans (MPPs)
- Derivation and prime contract flow down of technical requirements (e.g., specifications), tasks (e.g. SOW) and terms & conditions applicable to the contract or subcontract
- Leading accountability for program and supply chain tracking, review and mitigations related to PIX/Tableau SCM metrics
- Identifying and proactively mitigating program risks as they pertain to material requirements through integrated root cause/corrective action
- Driving AOP financial commitments including identifying and defining mitigation plans for all risk to sales, cash flow and EACs (similarly identifying and realizing opportunities to improve our financials)
- Lead and participate in projects (both Supply Chain and Program) to drive material efficiencies, increased material affordability and other SCM ‘changing the game’ initiatives
- Comprehensive Supply Chain support for Gates 0-11 activities; ensure Integrated Product Development Process (IPDP) compliance for the program including tailoring when applicable
- 10 years Subcontract Management, Program Management or Integrated Product Team experience
- MPM certification level 3 or commitment to obtain within 6 months in the role
- Experience with program management roles and functions for DoD programs, including program development lifecycle, Statement of Work generation, risk management, action item management, requirement change management, Earned Value planning/tracking/reporting, metrics management, and subcontract management
- International supply chain experience (preferably MPM)
- Ability to effectively communicate, execute and manage, producing quality products meeting technical, cost, and schedule goals
- Must possess strong collaboration skills enabling effective communication and demonstrated business results working internally with Engineering, Operations and Quality as well as externally with international suppliers, including major subcontracts
- Demonstrated ability to understand financial information, budgets and program performance and develop strategies to improve performance in these areas
- Experience in leading SCM for proposals, estimates, technical documents, and other contract deliverable items. Knowledge of evaluating proposals, estimates, technical documents, and other contract deliverable items
- Proven success and demonstration of solving material planning/procurement issues and driving successful outcomes
- Proven leader in a matrix environment
- Direct report experience with all applicable performance development responsibilities
- Extremely strong analytical skills; ability to plan, control and direct activities and resources
- Requires a BS/BA degree in engineering, supply chain, business, finance or related field
- Proven ability to collaborate across the organization and operate effectively within a matrix environment.
- Knowledge of the Polish supply base and Patriot Programs
- Strong project management skills and ability to convert business unit requirements into executable strategies. Ability to develop and execute project plans.
- Ability to effectively work with and communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team, as well as with the customer.
- Technical or Advanced Business Degree
- EVMS certified
- Experience in IPDS, Risk Management, SOW development and business finances
- Skilled in change management and organizational effectiveness
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships based on mutual respect with peers customers and team members
- An existing Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Outstanding written, verbal communication, strong presentation and organizational skills, has keen attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience in Export/Import Compliance requirements for international business partners and suppliers
- Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Management, Supply Chain and/or additional professional certifications desired
- MPM level 3 certification