Global Trade Specialist - remote opportunityBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Full time telecommuting Job ID 185895BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/01/2021 City Tewksbury State MA Country United States
Raytheon Technologies Corporation (RTX), Raytheon Missile & Defense (RMD) has an outstanding career opportunity to support the RMD Global Trade function. This organization plays a critical role in the successful execution of International Contracts and allows programs to remain compliant with the US Government in all of our global business transactions.
Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD) has an opportunity for a Global Trade Principal Specialist to support licensing activities in a fast-paced export/import environment. This position is located in Tewksbury, MA, Tucson, AZ or remotely, supporting the Land Warfare and Air Defense Mission Area of RMD. This opportunity provides exposure and visibility in the field of Export Import operations and its strategic impact on global growth and success.
The Global Trade Principal Specialist position reports to the Global Trade Licensing Manager for the Land Warfare and Air Defense Mission Area programs. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with the GT Manager and/or Empowered Official to develop export and import strategies and will be responsible for obtaining and managing authorizations under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Office of Foreign Assets Control Regulations (OFAC) and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF). The successful candidate will contribute to submitting, and obtaining from the U.S. government, all necessary export and import licenses, permits, certifications, and technology release determinations. Develops licensing plans and provides guidance for complex licensing strategy and program planning. Assures regulatory compliance through review and approval of foreign travel, foreign visits and export and import transactions. Maintains applicable trade compliance records in accordance with regulatory requirements. Contributes to learning and audit assessment programs to ensure implementation and effectiveness of internal controls. Supports management in investigating and resolving compliance matters.
Additionally the employee will be working with the Global Trade Manager to develop export and import strategies to support international programs and capture efforts. Work closely with internal customers to develop export and import approvals that allow for the efficient export of technology, technical data, hardware, and services. Apply international trade regulations to real-life situations to enable international business to support programs. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a high-energy, fast-paced environment, developing relationships with internal customers and collaborating with multiple business functions for success.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing consistent interpretation of ITAR, EAR, Customs, OFAC, ATF and Foreign Trade Statistical Regulations to Business Unit employees.
- Assisting with the development of authorization strategies for the international marketing, sales, support, offshore procurement and manufacturing of defense and dual use articles.
- Preparing and submitting license applications, Technical Assistance Agreements (TAA), Manufacturing License Agreements (MLA) and other requests for approval to the U.S. Department of State Office of Defense Trade Control Licensing, and U.S. Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security and providing status updates to the programs/stakeholders.
- Ensuring review of the draft TAA and MLA with the applicable functions, stakeholders and the foreign parties prior to submittal.
- Obtaining signed agreements and other required documentations from foreign parties (e.g., DSP-83s, ITAR NDAs, etc.) as applicable
- Responsible for managing day-to-day execution of agreements and licenses with oversight by Global Trade Manager, or Empowered Official, ensuring compliance for all activities under the agreements and licenses. Assisting in identifying compliance concerns to the Manager, GT Operations Compliance, identifies errors and areas requiring improvement, and implements corrective actions to resolve problems.
- Monitoring authorizations for any changes effecting the authorizations and taking action upon knowledge of the change.
- Participating in compliance audits and investigations.
- Handling complex licensing issues - permanent and temporary export licenses, temporary import licenses (unclassified and classified).
- Developing and delivering training as required for employees engaged in international business activities.
- Acting as a resource for entry-level export/import licensing personnel
- BS/BA Degree
- 5 years of professional work experience in global trade or related field
- Broad Export/Import experience and increasing responsibility (licenses, agreements, compliance, and transactional activities and application of regulations (ITAR, EAR, Customs)
- Experience in international business, contracts, supply chain, engineering or other, relevant discipline
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Some travel may be required
- Able to obtain DOD security clearance
- 4-6 years of experience in the application of regulations (ITAR, EAR, Customs) in high volume environments
- Experience with International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- Experience with Technical Assistance Agreement (TAA) and Manufacturing Licensing Agreement (MLA) preparation/administration
- Knowledge of Export Control Reform (ECR) and familiar with Jurisdiction Classification Assessment
- Strong time management, prioritization, analytical and organizational skills, with ability to meet deadlines and achieve desired results
- Problem solver, able to work under time sensitive circumstances, collaboratively or independently
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with multiple business functions for success
- Strong communicator to develop and conduct stand-up training
- Sincere interest in field of Export Import operations and its strategic impact on global success
- Excellent customer relation/interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter who can develop effective networks with internal customers
- Willing to take on challenges and accept stretch assignments
- Detail-oriented with strong sense of urgency
- Ability and desire to learn, growth mindset
- Proven problem solver with record of strong follow-through for success
- Raytheon 6 Sigma Specialist (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of D-Trade, SNAP-R, OCR EASE and/or SAP systems
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.