Electrical Engineer (RF Design)Businesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 165862BR Date posted 08/11/2020 City Tewksbury State MA Country United States
One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place…..
Raytheon Missile Defense (RMD) offers an innovative and inclusive culture; welcoming diversity and collaboration and providing numerous opportunities for career growth.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to join the Radar Receiver Exciter Integrated Product Team in Tewksbury, MA. This team designs, develops, integrates, and tests the Radar Receiver Exciter hardware for the combat proven IDS integrated air and missile defense systems.
The Receiver, Exciter, and Signal Processing (RESP) Department is the focal point for receiver, exciter, beam steering, and signal processing technology in RMD. The department is responsible for the design, development, integration, support to production builds, and lifecycle support of RMD products.
This position is for Electrical engineer, capable of solving technical problems and providing highly innovative and ingenious solutions in the areas of Radio Frequency (RF) and Microwave sub-systems design/integration. Some digital circuit understanding and experience with digital and mixed signal sub-systems is desired.
Responsibilities include developing advanced technological ideas and guiding their development into a final product. Other responsibilities include participation in architectural development of RF and microwave subsystems in particular in the area of receivers and exciters. The candidate must have demonstrated the ability to apply technical principles, theories and concepts.
The Electrical Engineer will be expected to perform the following:
- Support the Design, Development, and Integration of a number of products and technologies relevant to radar systems.
- Work with Senior engineers to solve technical problems and provide innovative solutions in the areas of Radio Frequency and microwave circuits and subsystems.
- Assist in subsystem and circuit card simulation, analysis, and requirements development
- Minimum of 2 years of experience
- Ability to translate system performance and operational specifications into hardware requirements, design, and test specifications
- Experience in integration, test and analysis of simple systems and sub-systems
- Familiarity with RF and Microwave component/subsystem designs such as upconverters, down converters, power amplifiers, waveform generators, RF modulators, and limiters
- U.S Citizen Status is required as this position will need a U.S Security Clearance within one year to date.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or scientific discipline. Advance degree desirable.
- Outstanding academic credentials
- Ability to design, test, and troubleshoot digital and mixed signal circuits
- Experience in both development and engineering production support
- Experience in radar receiver/exciter design experience with testing and troubleshooting RF and Microwave component/subsystem such as up-converters, down converters, power amplifiers, waveform generators, RF modulators, and limiters
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.