Sr Systems Engineer Fixed Term ContractorBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01456674 Most Recent Date Posted 09/12/2021 City Sydney State New South Wales Country Australia
Location:8640: Unit 8, 12 Mars Road, Lane Cove West, NSW 2066 Australia
Role Title: Systems Engineer
Job Band: P3 Equivalent
Contract Basis:Full-time, 12 Month Fixed Term Contractor
Location: Lane Cove, Sydney, Australia
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
We’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defence. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The Systems Engineer undertakes professional engineering work in conjunction with other project team members to ensure that products and systems are efficiently developed and perform as intended to meet customer and business requirements. The Systems Engineer works in a transdisciplinary manner to ensure that all elements of the system will perform as intended together and must analyse, specify, design, verify and validate the system to ensure that its functional, interface, performance, physical, and other quality characteristics, and cost are balanced to meet the needs of the system stakeholders.
- With minimal supervision or guidance, contribute to the systems engineering effort for various projects throughout the product or system lifecycle, including:
- planning and coordination,
- user needs analysis and requirements definition,
- architecture and design definition and analysis,
- product design activities,
- system implementation,
- system integration,
- test (verification and validation),
- requirements management and traceability,
- configuration and documentation, and
- system support definition.
- Follow company procedures and customer requirements and use a systems engineering approach and techniques to plan and execute engineering activities to meet cost, quality and schedule objectives.
- Develop test protocols, undertake testing and report results of system integration tests with minimal to no supervision.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively and professionally with systems, hardware and software design functions, other project team members, customers, sub-contractors and suppliers with a focus on identifying and mitigating risks and resolving technical problems that cross functional domain areas of hardware and software.
- Produce timely project and support deliverables including technical documentation of high quality that is clear and concise with content that is sufficient to meet both project and future support needs while complying with both company and customer requirements.
- Contribute to the development of new design approaches, techniques and technologies as well as process and quality improvements to support continual improvement.
Skills and experience:
- Systems engineering experience in the engineering design and development of systems/products to meet requirements involving elements such as System Safety, Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, Deployability, Transportability, Human Factors, Security and Privacy.
- Familiarity with environmental and EMI standards such as MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461, DEF(AUST) 5168 or similar.
- Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Australian Security Clearance (security clearance is required).
- Australian Citizenship is required.
- Ability to travel to support customer meetings in Australia (flexibility and notice will be given).
- Demonstrated proficiency in systems engineering, including in open systems architectures and secured cloud based technologies.
- Demonstrated experience as a systems engineer throughout the entire systems development process, including requirements capture, design, decomposition, integration, and verification/validation, as well as transition to production.
- Prior experience with bid and pursuit work in an Australian government acquisition model.
- Familiarity with engineering development in an agile and DEVSECOPS environment.
- Formal training in systems engineering and configuration management.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms