Programme ManagerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01414221 Date posted 02/22/2021 City Sydney State New South Wales Country Australia
Location:8640: Unit 8, 12 Mars Road, Lane Cove West, NSW 2066 Australia
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
We’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defence. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The candidate will work within the Asia-Pac International Integrated Solutions (IIS) program team, a part of Collins Aerospace’s Mission Systems strategic business unit. The candidate will predominately work from Collins Lane Cove West facility.
The candidate will be responsible for leading allocated Integrated Solutions Programmes that that are contracted out of Collins entity in Australia and will carry full programme management - Value Stream Management (VSM) responsibilities that include:
- Pursuit leadership through to contract award in conjunction with our Sales and Marketing groups.
- Complete execution to a contract that may include the development and delivery of materials (software and hardware) and associated technical and logistics services.
- Management of transition of Programmes to a support & service phase, led by collocated support organisation.
The post requires the leadership, planning, organisation, direction and performance of programme management activities as well as various functional departmental activities at Lane Cove West and multiple other Collins locations.
The candidate will need to actively support the development of new business in conjunction with our Sales and Marketing groups and the achievement of on-time and on-budget execution in an ethical and professional manner.
This position will report to the IIS Programmes Manager based in Sydney, Australia.
- Accountable for achieving contract cost, schedule and performance goals:
- Providing leadership, direction and coordination of allocated ISS program efforts
- Responsible for EAC (estimate at completion) activities and associated milestones
- Accountable for financial performance to include profit and loss for the programs undertaken
- Manage all program related risk activities to optimize program profitability
- Present earned value data including EACs and monthly program reviews to line management for the areas of responsibility
- To assist in developing and capturing new business and growing the business in line with the strategic business units intent:
- Support development and implementation of appropriate win strategies to expand IIS business.
- Support sales and marketing-led pursuit activities for new business and lead various pursuit related activities.
- Support Contract negotiations and be focal point for customer interface post contract award for allocated activities
- To seek out efficiency savings as part of our Lean methodology.
- To lead the wider program delivery team with energy and passion enabling them to excel
- To generate and maintain excellent customer affinity throughout the program life cycle
The post has the authority to:
- Work closely with and gain support from various Collins personnel, at all levels as appropriate to achieve the program objectives
- To lead on all appropriate customer related activities once on contract to achieve the objectives
- To manage the Profit and Loss (including discretionary and program spend) against each identified program or pursuit including any delegations
Skills and experience:
- Substantial government/defence related project management experience
- Understanding of project management disciplines and their application
- Risk management, mitigation and costing methodologies
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Scheduling with Integrated Master Schedules/GANTT systems
- Key artefacts to define the project management plan (PMP)
- Proficiency with Earned Value metrics, their derivation and interpretation
- Appreciation of customer needs and relationships with ability to lead the customer community
- Able to undertake limited international and Australian travel as required to maintain customer relationships and support major program reviews and meetings
- Good knowledge of company procedures and processes typical for the sector
- Proven track record in delivering against business objectives
- Fluent in business English
- Fluent with Microsoft Project and other Microsoft Office suite applications
- Understanding of business management information systems (i.e. SAP or equivalent)
- Familiarity with export rules (i.e. ITAR) and the typical types of export (i.e. TAA)
- Proven ability to lead and direct multi-disciplinary teams in a matrix environment
- Must be able to obtain an Australian Security Clearance. Australian Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security screening and must meet eligibility requirements
- Strong appreciation of business practices in support of strategic planning and financial accounting actions
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Proven and relevant technical background
- Project management qualifications (i.e. PRINCE) with PMI, APM, IPMA or equivalent
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms