ILS ManagerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01462364 Most Recent Date Posted 09/19/2021 City Sydney State New South Wales Country Australia
Location:8640: Unit 8, 12 Mars Road, Lane Cove West, NSW 2066 Australia
Role Title: ILS Manager
Job Band: M2/M3
Contract Basis: Full-Time
Location: Lane Cove West
Salary Range: AUD$ 100,000 to $165,000
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
We’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defence. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
A leading Defence and Aerospace company requires a, highly motivated and organised Logistics Support (ILS) Manager to lead the logistics effort for a recently won Australian Defence program. The ILS Manager will develop, implement and maintain the Logistics plans through the full project lifecycle – from acquisition through to the development and execution of a long-term sustainment program.
The ILS Manager will work with the acquisition team is developing and presenting to the customer the logistics plans, schedules and deliverables required by the contract. The ILS Manager will also be instrumental in the development and negotiation of the long-term support contact, as well as managing the implementation and ongoing management of the support contract.
This role will develop into supporting a larger team as support contracts for other projects come online. Preparation of tender response and involvement in support contract negotiations will be required.
We are looking for a creative thinker who doesn’t mind sharing their ideas and implementing new strategies to assist in business. We offer you the opportunity to work with a highly professional Operations team in a technical environment.
- Lead the Logistics efforts for a major Australian Defence Force program;
- Develop ILS planning and management documentation such as the Logistics Support Concept, ILS Plan, Training Plan;
- Develop logistics project and sustainment documentation, such as Integrated Logistics Support Instructions (ILSI), Complete Equipment Schedules (CES), equipment manuals etc.;
- Derive support solution requirements, represent the logistics area in mandated design and requirement reviews with the customer;
- Ensure the implementation and execution of the logistic program is progressing as per the required schedule.
- Preparing reports on performance of the ILS program, for both internal and for distribution to the customer;
- Assist in working with suppliers to ensure their support and repair capabilities meet the requirements of the contract;
- The ability to organise team members from various business areas in order to achieve a range of outcomes for the Logistics team;
- Assisting in the development of tender and commercial documentation including leading the ILS and Support requirements of Request for Tenders (RFT);
- Establish Life Cycle Cost, Reliability, Availability and Maintainability reporting.
- Undertake analysis such as Failure Mode Effect, Level of Repair Analysis, Spares, Training Needs and Life Cycle Cost Modelling
- Undertake product change management and quality control processes.
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience and working knowledge of Defence Logistics (preferably Land based/Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group (CASG));
- Working knowledge of ILS principles and practices is essential
- Previous experience working with Defence Stakeholders;
- An understanding of the Defence ILS lifecycle from input to design to acquisition, maintenance and disposal;
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders to generate logistics plans, and other logistics documents/contract data items as per the Australian Government’s ASDEFCON template;
- Strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Previous experience within the Defence industry is desirable;
- Understanding of Defence materiel management tools is highly regarded;
- Understanding of Military Integrated Logistics Information System (MILIS);
- This role requires that you must be an Australian Citizen and have the ability to obtain a security clearance. Current security clearance is highly regarded.
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) controlled activities are applicable to this role.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms