Associate Director, Gen EngineeringBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01419055 Date posted 02/21/2021 City Sydney State New South Wales Country Australia
Location:8640: Unit 8, 12 Mars Road, Lane Cove West, NSW 2066 Australia
Are you a passionate engineering leader looking for your next challenge! We are seeking a qualified engineering department leader to lead a talented, multi-disciplined engineering organization. The team is comprised of systems, hardware, and software engineers who support critical defence programs for the Commonwealth of Australia.
This leader acts as the Chief Engineer for the site and is responsible for resource management, technical program execution, technical contributions to pursuit and order capture, and for leading the overall strategy for the engineering organization.
This position is a member of the site Senior Leadership Team and is directly aligned to the Integrated Mission Systems Engineering directorate within Collins Aerospace, Mission Systems. The department leader is responsible for communicating a comprehensive departmental strategy, provides administrative oversight of individuals and teams of engineers, and is accountable for alignment of site-level processes and procedures. Direct reports and non-direct supporting engineering teams may be comprised of systems, software, firmware and hardware engineers. Specific responsibilities for the department include requirements definition, design, development, integration, test, delivery and sustainment of integrated solutions conceptualized for military platforms. Common solutions include computers, radios, encryption devices, display systems, Human-Machine Interfaces (HMIs), and mission system application software.
The ideal candidate has experience and demonstrated success in product development and integration of complex systems, including experience in systems, hardware, and software engineering domains. Knowledge of Systems Engineering tools and fundamentals and project management fundamentals is required.
Engineering management responsibilities include planning, hiring, organizing, resource allocation, conducting performance reviews, and overall administrative management responsibilities for the department. Candidates must be capable of effectively developing and conveying a comprehensive technical approach, resource plans, and project plans to customers, upper level engineering management, program management, finance, subcontracts, procurement, manufacturing operations and business development leaders.
- Ability to attract and retain key engineering resources
- Systems, hardware, or software engineering experience (experience in all domains preferred)
- Project management fundamentals including Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Solid verbal and written communication abilities
- Experience with formal product and system level testing, including customer-witnessed testing
- Demonstrated broad-based technical competency
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven proficiency in working across organizational boundaries
- Experience in Pursuit and Order Capture fundamentals and formal technical bid activities
Must Have Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline or equivalent
- Ability to obtain a security clearance in support of Australian Defence Force programs
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms