Sr Mgr, Program MgmtBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Part time telecommuting Job ID 185981BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/17/2021 City Sunnyvale State CA Country United States
With locations in the Silicon Valley and Anaheim Hills, CA, Salt Lake City, UT, Annapolis Junction, MD, and Dulles, VA, AST provides trusted strategic and tactical SIGINT solutions that protect the interests of the U.S. and its partners. AST’s work in areas such as high-capacity broadband communications, signal processing and analysis, tactical SIGINT, and wireless communications continually challenges our extraordinary engineers to solve problems and make the world a safer place. AST’s work environment is dynamic, highly collaborative and provides staff the freedom to strengthen and expand their skills, explore new and innovative ideas, and work directly with our nation’s finest service members all while embracing integrity, diversity, and work-life balance. Raytheon offers generous reward and recognition programs in compensation, broad career development opportunities, excellent health care options, educational assistance, parental leave, flexible work schedules, 401(k) with matching, paid holidays, and paid time off.
Raytheon AST encourages you to consider exploring the unique and rewarding opportunities our cutting-edge-technology team can offer through this Program Manager-III position, which is available at our Silicon Valley site.
This Program Management position reports to AST’s P6 Department within the Broadband Communications Systems (BCS) Division. The Program Manager is responsible for leading dynamic, mission-driven programs that provide development of cutting-edge technology, support to high-profile operations, and/or sustaining engineering of fielded systems for a classified customer. P6 Department programs require a PM that has excellent customer-facing skills, political savvy to manage competing priorities from multiple customers, superb communication skills to align RAST workforce in support of the Program, ability to translate development/support requirements from overarching customer mission objectives, thorough understanding of the customer’s culture, and practical application of the RAST product line as it applies to the customer’s mission. The PM will be responsible for all aspects of program execution including cost performance, schedule performance, technical integrity, quality, and on-contract growth capture. The PM will be challenged with an engineering operations team that is geographically dispersed across Raytheon AST locations in California and Utah as well as personnel supporting customer locations in the Washington DC area. The PM will be required to collaborate closely with other Program Mangers in the department to ensure closed-loop Raytheon AST performance between development and O&M for the same customer set.
Demonstrated skills and experience required includes: 1) leadership team experience of a dynamic, mission-driven program, 2) excellent customer-facing skills, 3) ability to manage competing priorities while meeting commitments, 4) effective use of program management tools to status and proactively manage the program, 5) ability to identify, quantify, and communicate risks, 6) develop and execute effective mitigation strategies, 7) business acumen in proactively managing and influencing a program’s bookings, profit, sales, and cash flow, 8) identifying unmet mission needs of our customer to maximize on-contract growth potential. Since BCS’s customer community will need to trust the ability and intent of the person in this role, exceptional interpersonal skills are required.
- 10+ years of proven leadership experience managing Signal Processing development or O&M programs
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage competing priorities and interface with all customers (internal and external) effectively
- Demonstrated ability to handle operational security issues
- Stellar communication and collaboration skills, including verbal, written and presentation
- Demonstrated sound reasoning and strong decision-making ability
- Inclusive management style - able to lead and motivate team members and be comfortable with raising issues in a timely manner
- Experience in risk assessment (both operational and Programmatic), risk mitigation, cost account estimation, cost management, schedule management, and on-contract growth
- Team player – ability to work within and across organizational boundaries and geographic locations
- Demonstrated ability to represent the company with customer and teammates
- Ability to travel domestically approximately 20% percent of the time
- Active TS/SCI
- Must obtain Conditional Program Management Certification, in accordance with Raytheon Policy 248-RP, within 6 months of hire date unless extended under the policy
- Raytheon Level 5 Program Management Certification
- Experience managing classified TS/SCI programs
- Hands-on experience and/or technical knowledge of AST’s product line
- PM or IPTL for an activity with at least 20+ equivalent heads
Required Experience and Education:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or other related field
- 10 years of related experience or 8 years with related Master’s degree
Desired Education (Including Major):
- Master’s Degree
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.