Sr Cyber Technologist IIBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 175127BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/08/2021 City Sunnyvale State CA Country United States
The Raytheon Applied Signal Technology (RAST) Security organization is hiring a Cyber Technologist II based at the Sunnyvale, CA site. This position supports multiple programs and will report to the with Sunnyvale (SVO) Raytheon AST Cybersecurity/Information Assurance Manager. This position will also coordinate and collaborate with the local Industrial Security Team at this location. (The position performs the functions of an Information Systems Security Manager/Security Officer (ISSM/ISSO) for Raytheon Applied Signal Technology, Inc. information systems and networks, which involves a diverse and multi-faceted customer base, including DOD, SAP/SAR, and SCI.
The position will be responsible for interpreting and implementing agency and national department regulations and policies, which requires establishment, implementation, and maintenance of a comprehensive and compliant computer security program. In addition, this person will be responsible for oversight of destruction and release procedures for systems, components and media, and must be able to apply test and evaluation procedures, configuration management concepts, and risk management.
This position performs computer security functions as assigned, including preparation and submission of System Security Plans (SSPs), computer security briefings, computer/network security audits, inventories, virus definition updates, and conducts security investigations. In addition this job requires some travel and working at other offices from time to time or as needed.
The position is responsible for developing and administering security procedures for classified or proprietary materials, documents and equipment for major programs. The position researches, studies and implements federal security regulations that apply to company operations. Furthermore, the position is required to coordinate with government agencies to obtain rulings, interpretations and acceptable deviations for compliance with regulations.
This highly-qualified candidate must be a self-starter, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment. He/she must have a strong work ethic and be flexible and adaptable in order to respond to customer and mission critical needs as they arise. The candidate will work with Program Managers, Network engineers and System Administrators to ensure compliant Information Systems and Network architecture for classified systems.
- 6+ years of experience in Cybersecurity, information systems security, or security engineering
- Active TS/SCI clearance Day 1 of employment
- Experience developing System Security Plans (SSPs) and supporting RMF Bodies of Evidence
- Experience supporting various computer hardware platforms and multiple operating systems in both stand-alone and LAN/WAN configurations
- Working knowledge of operating systems security features and settings (e.g., Windows, Unix, Linux, and OS X)
- Proven ability to make sound decisions and implement all aspects of information systems security as it applies to NISPOM Chapter 8, DAAPM, JSIG, ICD 503, NIST SPs, and other government doctrines
- Professional demeanor, good interpersonal skills, and ability to excel in a high-paced, multi-tasked environment
- Demonstrated ability to act independently, prioritize tasks, and manage to schedule
- Willingness to perform security tasks outside specialty (e.g., program security) and be proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, etc.)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written modes and be able to author and present subject-specific presentations
- Must be willing and able to travel as required up to 10% of work schedule
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Previous experience as an Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) or Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
- Firm understanding of (ICD 503) and corporate security policy and processes.
- Proficiency in Windows O/S’s to include Windows 10, and Windows Server
- Familiarity with LINUX/Unix considered a plus.
- TS/SCI Clearance with a Polygraph is preferred
- Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity or Information Systems/Technology or related field.
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience working directly with Cyber Security technologies.
- You must also be willing to obtain and maintain DoD 8570 certification IAM Level III certification within six months of employment. (Security+/CISSP or equivalent certificatio
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.175127
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.