Sr. Network EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI with Poly - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 176910BR Most Recent Date Posted 07/06/2021 City Sterling State VA Country United States
With limited guidance, performs moderately complex O&M activities. Utilize network analysis tools to identify performance problems in the network. They assist senior technical staff in preparing troubleshooting procedures for restoring the network to optimal performance levels.
With limited guidance, performs moderately complex network designs using existing technology.
• Plans network configurations for integration into the network, using knowledge of the performance characteristics of the systems being added to the network and the specifications for network interfaces to insure effective integration and optimal network performance.
• Incumbents prepare technical proposals for presentation to the engineering review boards to add new technologies to the network. With limited guidance, performs routine to moderately complex network upgrades. Reviews user requests for upgrades or additions to the network to assess impact on network performance and provides advice and guidance on the most practical technical approach to meeting user requirements.
• Plans upgrades to existing network configurations, using knowledge of the performance characteristics of the systems being upgraded and the specifications for network interfaces to insure effective integration and optimal network performance. Incumbents prepare technical proposals for presentation to the engineering review boards for upgrading existing technologies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Minimum 10 years of related experience
• Ability to draft requirements documents, correspondence and procedures in accordance with policies.
• Ability to provide basic explanation of technical procedures and processes clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Ability to utilize basic network analysis tools to resolve routine network performance problems.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Good interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner.
• Problem Solving — identifying problems and reviewing known implement solutions.
• Project planning and management skills, including scope of work, time estimation, and resource assignment.
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills; ability to create original concepts/theories for various projects.
• Strong interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner, lead working groups, negotiate and create consensus.
• Working knowledge of the CIO's policies and procedures relating to the design, upgrading, and operating and maintaining their network.
• Working knowledge of their Communications and Information Security policies and practices.
• Working knowledge of theory and practice underlying satellite and LAN/WAN network operations.
Education requirements: Bachelor's degree in related field or additional years of experience in lieu of degree
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.