Sr Data ArchitectBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI with Poly - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 176913BR Most Recent Date Posted 07/06/2021 City Sterling State VA Country United States
Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities
Minimum 10 years of related experience
• Develops data and metadata policies and procedures for structural design and development to build, maintain and leverage the data model, ensuring integration with corporate data standards.
• Monitors industry trends and directions in database technology and tools; develops and presents substantive technical recommendations to senior management.
• Monitors industry trends and directions; develops and presents substantive technical recommendations to senior management
• Oversees the design, evaluation, selection, implementation and support of major databases and metadata structures; reviews and evaluates database performance, risk and financial analysis feasibility studies.
• Oversees the strategic structural design and development of databases and metadata.
• Provides advanced technical direction to the maintenance of major existing databases supporting evolving applications and business processes.
• Provides complete assessments of the technical characteristics of proposals and alternatives considered to optimize database performance.
• Provides extensive technical, strategic advice and guidance of the highest level to senior managers and technical resources in the creation and implementation of new data standards and databases.
• Provides technical oversight and direction to designated boards for integrating new technology or major new mission capabilities into the metadata and data standards and structures.
• Reviews and assesses technical proposals requesting changes or upgrades to the existing databases.
• Serves as the lead technical resource in the strategic oversight and planning of data models and database structural design and development.
• Strategically plans new designs for integration into a database structure, using knowledge of the characteristics of the systems being added to the structure and the specifications for database interfaces to ensure effective integration and optimal database performance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to develop and present complex technical documents, procedures, reports, briefings and proposals.
• Ability to develop and recommend data management policies, standards, practices and security measures to ensure effective and consistent data management operations.
• Ability to develop methods of ensuring that the data incompatibilities among systems are systematically eliminated.
• Ability to effectively diagnose, isolate and expediently resolve complex problems pertaining to data infrastructure.
• Ability to effectively monitor program/project development.
• Ability to evaluate and make recommendations regarding data integrity.
• Ability to project database resource requirements including personnel, software, equipment and facilities.
• Ability to translate complex technical terminology, concepts and issues in terms understandable to technical and non-technical management and resources staff.
• Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of industry data standards and architectures; knowledge of design and integration principles of complex, heterogeneous databases; knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
• Coordination — adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
• Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Leadership – ability to resolve issues in a professional manner, lead working groups, negotiate, and create consensus.
• Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
• Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
• Problem Sensitivity — the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
• Programming — Writing computer programs for various purposes.
• Systems Analysis — Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
• Systems Evaluation — Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
• Technology Design — Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs.
• Thorough knowledge of design and integration principles for complex, heterogeneous databases.
• Thorough knowledge of missions and needs, and considerable knowledge of Intelligence Community missions, needs, and information sharing requirements.
Education requirements: Bachelor's degree in related field or additional years of experience in lieu of degree
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.