Software Engineer - Flight SimulationBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01457041 Most Recent Date Posted 06/15/2021 City Sterling State Virginia Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HVA34: Sterling, VA 22640 Davis Dr , Sterling, VA, 20164-7104 USA
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Software Engineer - Simulation & Training
This software engineering position is within the Computer Systems / Navigation Team in the Simulation Solutions & Services (SSS) business area. SSS develops and builds simulators and training systems for both military and commercial customers. Devices range in complexity from desktop training all the way up to high fidelity weapon system trainers and full-flight training systems including full visual, motion, and simulator interoperability (HLA/DIS).
- Design, code, integrate, regression test, test and document software
- Perform software debugging using appropriate techniques and tools
- Performs in cross-functional team efforts in integration, verification and validation for products and sub-systems
- Provides engineering estimates for own work and others on tasks similar to those previously performed
- Contribute to and/or lead software engineering requirements capture, analysis and creation for well-defined software designs
- Document all steps required to load required operating systems, software, drivers, and operational loads on computer system
- Individual job duties may vary
- Come be part of a team building a multi-million dollar flight simulator. Our team is looking for self-motivated, confident and passionate engineers to help us create advanced aircraft simulation and training devices and products for both military and commercial customers.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of prior relevant experience OR
In absence of a degree, 6 years of relevant experience is required
- Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 2 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations
- A working knowledge of C/C++
- Self-starter, able to multi-task and take advantage of opportunities and events to achieve results that meet or exceed expectations.
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively with peers and management
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
A successful candidate may:
Have a good working knowledge of both Windows and Linux Operating Systems
Have experience with network topology and configuration
Have an interest in or experience with the Hardware/Software interface to Input/Output devices such as commercial off the shelf industrial automation devices
Can demonstrate the ability to perform autonomously on tasks with moderate to high complexity
Have experience in leading software teams
Have scripting knowledge or experience
Have FORTRAN knowledge or experience
Have Ada knowledge or experience
Be Experienced in Continuous Integration / Automated testing
Have experience with cost account management or earned value metrics
This position requires good oral and written communication skills, strong teamwork skills, and the desire to participate on a results-oriented team of Systems, Hardware and Software Engineers.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success.We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
Life insurance and disability coverage
Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
Best Doctors, second opinion program
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms