Principal Training & Development SpecialistBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI with Poly - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 178774BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/06/2021 City Sterling State VA Country United States
Raytheon Intelligence and Space seeks talented candidates for a Principal Training and Development Specialist position based in the Washington Metropolitan Area; position executes both Instructional Design responsibilities and Training Coordinator responsibilities. The successful candidate will work alongside the customer and subject matter experts to deliver multiple Programs of Instruction which prepare students for fielded operations.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervises courseware development for directorate-level certification training, mission-specific training and sustainment training Program of Instruction (POI). Works with Cadre to design POI-specific learning behaviors centered on desired knowledge, skill and operational judgment. Leads Cadre through overarching instructional design for classroom and CONUS-based practical exercises to include: sequencing, delivery method(s), lesson plans, rubrics, instructional materials, training aids and practical exercise(s) as well as performance evaluation systems to measure student learning. Works with servicing learning center to ensure courseware and associated documentation complies with regulatory and accreditation standards.
Oversees and coordinates formal, Group-level training portfolio. Establishes and maintains working relationships with applicable Subject Matter Experts (SME), training providers and training coordinators. Routinely interacts with senior-level customers from Division to Office-level. Plans and synchronizes course schedules and training events with external offices, training providers and other stakeholders. Collaborates with training providers on course descriptions and requirements; publishes course descriptions, pre-requisites and schedules to customer web sites and customer training databases. Manages the course registration process and ensures applicants meet course criterion. Updates student training records in customer databases to reflect credit for successful course completion.
Supports outreach to the greater technical and operational communities to integrate relevant capabilities, services and expertise into training syllabi. In collaboration with Cadre, Integrates community Lessons Learned, insights from the field, technology/procedural evolutions, customer requirements and other applicable developments into standing courseware. Participates in post-POI Level 3 assessments. Conducts formal annual review of all courseware to ensure accuracy, relevancy and effectiveness.
Supports other program training activities as required. In collaboration with Training Lead and Task Lead, designs internal training strategies for continual Cadre growth and development; training investment seeks to advance branch courseware and ultimately better prepare students for operational success in the field. Plans, organizes, delivers, supports and participates in internal programs to certify and develop new instructors as well as enable cross-functional support across teams. Continues professional learning, development and growth to enhance program training value and advance the team toward customer-defined goals.
Captures, coordinates and submits requirements on behalf of customer and Cadre. Supports core office functions, administration and other processes.
Employs various automated software programs as part of day-to-day operations; software includes the Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and OneNote); Adobe Acrobat Pro; and miscellaneous customer-specific systems.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph
- SME with at least 5 years of experience supporting customer training programs; preference for those candidates who have served in a program management capacity with a customer training activity
- Prior experience in formal instructional design and curriculum development (orchestrating needs assessment, formulating learning behaviors, syllabus design, lesson planning, courseware development, grading rubrics)
- Proven success in outreach, networking and forming mutually beneficial relationships across organizational lines
- Ability to negotiate consensus across competing priorities, varied equities and divergent goals
- Excellent organizational skills; able to articulate intent, frame requirements, set priorities and develop practical methods to meet training goals
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish professional rapport with others in a small team environment
- Adapt well to change and thrive in an atmosphere that requires trust, teamwork, initiative, creativity, curiosity and strong problem-solving skills
- Poised with exceptional communications skills, both oral and written
- Proven ability to operate under broad intent independent of direct oversight; reliable, trustworthy, committed to Student and Cadre success
- Experience working joint training with various IC members
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote with the aptitude to employ other customer-specific, automated programs, databases and technology-based capabilities
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Prior experience with technical and/or technology management programs
- Prior field experience directly supporting customer operations and activities
- Prior managerial experience developing young officers for continued professional growth
- Prior instructor experience (classroom lecture, guided discussion, hands-on coaching and mentoring, formal assessments and evaluations, individualized remediation); strong preference for those candidates with a formal customer Instructor Certification and experience with one of the primary learning centers
- Prior experience working with course directors, instructors and role players to develop and mature courseware, methodologies, delivery and feedback mechanisms
- Instructor Certification and experience with one of the primary learning centers
- Prior experience in the design and scripting of Practical Exercises and Field Training Exercises for individual and team-based training, respectively
- Versed in Role Play-based training methods
- Experience using structured planning and problem-solving methodologies
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university; can substitute demonstrated operational experience for educational requirement
WORK LOCATION AND TRAVEL:Based in the McLean and Sterling, VA areas with routine local travel throughout Washington Metropolitan Area. Occasional CONUS travel, roughly six (6) weeks total, over the course of a calendar year; travel is typically forecast months in advance.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.