Senior Software Engineer -State College, PABusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 183611BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/23/2021 City State College State PA Country United States
Raytheon Technologies is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90+ years, the company provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as cyber security and a broad range of mission support services.
At Raytheon Technologies, we transform data into intelligence. As a leading systems and solutions provider of intelligence, security, and advanced information technologies to government customers in the United States and internationally, Raytheon Technologies provides the right knowledge at the right time, enabling our customers to make timely and accurate decisions to achieve mission goals of national significance.
About Your Team:
Engineering solves some of the most difficult technology challenges in our industry. We deliver high-performance solutions and provide an extensive technology pipeline to fuel business growth today and beyond. We achieve our vision through a strategy that leverages our highly skilled, diverse and motivated team, collaborating to design and develop products using strict process discipline with a thorough focus on technology and innovation. We strive to grow our people with exciting new challenges, on-the-job training, mentoring and purposeful rotations.
Bring your talent and skills to the Raytheon Intelligence & Space State College Engineering team! Our team is focused on providing solutions to challenging problems to enable the success of our customers’ missions. State College provides the opportunity to work on challenging programs for the U.S. and foreign governments without living in an urban environment. State College is a rural community that provides access to many of the cultural and athletic activities/events of an urban metroplex in a small community setting. Being the home to the Pennsylvania State University main campus, the close proximity of the university offers an alternative to an online degree for those looking to continue their education in a graduate program. Many employees enjoy a commute of 5 minutes or less!
Software Engineers are needed on multiple mission-critical classified programs. Experience all aspects of a software development life-cycle as a member of a fast-paced agile team. This includes software design, implementation, and test under the direction of a more senior-level engineer, supporting customer demonstrations, and developing and executing automated software tests. Some engineers also have the opportunity to participate in installation activities both in the United States and abroad. This is some of the most important classified development and deployment work being done today
Work as a software developer and integrator as part of a development team which utilizes a diverse dynamic team, including many experts in their fields.
Specific duties include:
• Develop, integrate, and test software to ensure proper operation of software systems
• Integrate a wide variety of applications from various sources and ensure they meet performance standards for stability and resource utilization
• Develop automated test and automated deployment software
• Some candidates may also support full lifecycle DevOps including key principles like Infrastructure as Code
• Some candidates may also support Linux/Unix system administration activities and installation/configuration of commercial products
• Some candidates may also support database engineering and database administration tasks
The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
State College, PA
• Experience developing, integrating, and testing software to ensure proper operation of software systems
• Proficiency in Java on a Linux platform
• Proficiency performing Unit Testing using JUnit
• Proficiency using Software Design Patterns
• Proficiency using source control tools such as Git
• Experience using cloud technologies such as AWS
• Proficiency with multi-threaded applications
• Ability to design software modules using an object-oriented approach
• Proficiency in scripting languages such as Bash, Perl and Python
• Proficiency using agile software methodologies such as Scrum
• Proficiency in containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
• Proficiency in DevOps technologies such as Puppet, Chef, Terraform/Ansible, Cucumber, Gherkin, Jenkins, and Maven
• Experience with Atlassian Software Development and Collaboration tools (JIRA, BitBucket, Confluence, Crucible, etc)
• Proficiency in system administration of Linux/Unix systems
• Ability to provide direct customer interaction for the purpose of conveying software design decisions and/or performing software installation support
• Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment
• Proficiency developing microservices
• Proficiency using variations of the Spring Framework
• Experience with Test Driven Development
• Experience with cybersecurity tools
• Experience developing in a DevSecOps environment
• Certification in Security+
• At least one type AWS certification
• Java certification
• Completed Polygraph
• C/C++ development experience
• Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB
• Experience with digital signal processing (Fourier transforms, filtering, communication theory, digital modulation, signals analysis tools)
5 years of relevant experience with a BS degree (STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics, preferred); or 3 years of relevant experience with a MS degree (STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics, preferred)
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.