Sr Eng, Systems EngrgBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 184127BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/16/2021 City St. Petersburg State FL Country United States
The System Integration and Test (SI&T) Directorate is responsible for integration, test and validation activities for RMD programs. SI&T employees provide the expertise to ensure customer success through the development and execution of innovative and comprehensive test, verification, and validation strategies, processes, tools and techniques. SI&T employees are involved in all aspects of test including: design-for-test, integration, subsystem and component level testing, and sell-off of RMD’s most sophisticated systems and technologies. Our System Engineers collaborate with other RMD Engineering disciplines from development of initial system concepts to product sell-off. We integrate hardware and software, develop test plans and procedures, debug and test system functions and interfaces, and verify system requirements in support of final sell-off to the customer.
The selected applicant will join a team of talented engineers with integration and test of sophisticated naval and maritime systems in support of the Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC) program as part of Advanced Networking Solutions (ANS). The U.S. Navy’s Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC), a real-time ‘sensor-netting’ system that brings together radar data into a single integrated air picture from geographically dispersed ships, aircraft, and ground-based units. This integrated picture improves a battlegroup’s effectiveness by enabling longer range, cooperative, or layered engagements. Today’s CEC benefits from advancements in commercial and specialized technologies, as well as from the experience and expertise of the Raytheon team, continually innovating to advance capability and performance.
Our SI&T team contributes through all phases of the product development lifecycle (i.e. systems and software requirements, software integration and test, simulation and test, integration and test, verification and sell-off), within an interdisciplinary process that ensures the customer and warfighters needs are satisfied through every stage. Depending on the phase of the program there may be opportunities for travel, and flexible hours/shifts in order to ensure programmatic milestones are met.
Responsibilities to Anticipate
- Participate in system level integration and test planning, design, and execution
- Prepare plans, procedures, and test cases
- Develop detailed integration and verification procedures
- Perform integration and test activities in house or at site locations
- Scrum Master of an Agile Scrum Team
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM). An advanced degree in a related field can be substituted for additional years of experience as follows: Master’s is equal to 2 years of experience or a Ph.D. is equal to 4 years of experience.
- Five 5+ years of experience in the field of engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience in the operation, test and troubleshooting of complex military systems
- Experience and knowledge of Scaled Agile Framework
- An active and in scope SECRET US security clearance, or higher
- Bachelors/Masters/PhD in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Physics or Computer Science
- Experience supporting US Navy and/or DoD customers
- Experience using DOORS requirements management tool for developing and linking requirements to test procedures
- Experience with programming in MATLAB, C/C++, Python, or other programming language
What We Offer
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.