Sr Eng, Systems Engineer - Anti-TamperBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Top Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 184647BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/01/2021 City St. Petersburg State FL Country United States
Sr. Systems Security Engineer
Do you want to protect our nation’s weapons systems against threats?
Would you consider yourself a “non-standard thinker” fascinated by systems and security?
Do you like to dissect systems and understand how they work and go together?
If you answered yes to the above, with the ability to understand and communicate with other engineering disciplines, then Raytheon Missiles & Defense may have an excellent career opportunity for you at our St. Petersburg, Florida facility. We have competitive benefits and relocation packages.
At Raytheon Missile & Defense you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across broader end-to-end solutions, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers. We want you to fulfill a systems engineer role developing Systems Security Engineering (SSE) solutions to protect the US war fighter’s technology advantage. Systems Security Engineering creates holistic security solutions leveraging Anti-Tamper (AT), Software Assurance, and Supply Chain Risk Management to support Program Protection Implementation on embedded weapons systems.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
The System Security Engineer will support programs, research efforts, and strategic initiatives in the areas of Anti-Tamper.
Typical responsibilities will require:
- Providing technical expertise in a multitude of program protection domains
- Providing leadership, consultation, guidance, and support on RMD technical initiatives, programs, and Business Development activities:
- Including program execution, solution development, compliance definition, threat, and vulnerability determination
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology Engineering or Mathematics to include Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Computer Science, Engineering Science, or similar. A Masters degree will count for 3 years of experience and a Ph.D. will count for 5 years of experience.
- Five (5 +) years of progressive technical (hands-on) experience related to Systems/Software Engineering architecture, requirements, determination, development, and implementation
- Anti-Tamper (AT) Techniques, implementations, DoD and US Government standards
- Knowledge of Program Protection Plan (PPP) required by DoDI 5000.02 and DoDI 5200.39
- Experience with Cryptography and cryptographic applications
- An active and in-scope Top Secret DoD US security clearance
- 3+ years of progressive technical (hands-on) experience related to Systems/Software Engineering architecture, requirements, determination, development, and implementation
- Technical writing experience, in generating technical documents in support of CSI related program and proposal documentation, to include CONOPS, Test Plans, etc.
- Technical experience in multiple Engineering Disciplines (such as Systems, Software, Hardware, Electrical, Mechanical, etc)
- Experience in using tools and metrics in managing activities
- High degree of professional acumen associated to working in agile and dynamic customer and program environments.
- Ability to independently uncover and resolve issues, and provide corrective recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Completed training in Anti-Tamper technologies, methodologies, and policies
- Experience working U.S. Government contract proposals as an Anti-Tamper/Systems Integrity subject matter expert
- Ability to create and deliver both informational and technical briefings
- Experience with COTS secure products
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
RTX/RMD Company Overview Videos:
Raytheon Technologies Overview
How Missile Defense Works
Meeting the challenge: Ending hunger in our communities
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.