Senior Computer System Administrator, St. Pete FLBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 187052BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/08/2021 City St. Petersburg State FL Country United States
Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Digital Technology (IT)
St. Petersburg, FL
A great opportunity for job seekers with IT Systems Administration & Defense industry experience. Join our Raytheon Technologies DT/ IT Team!
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
Raytheon Technologies Missiles & Defense Digital Technology has an immediate opening for a Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Administrator to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals. The qualified candidate will work with technical engineers in building and supporting the Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) environment and developing automation strategies in support of digital technology operations. This position is based in St. Petersburg, FL (Relocation eligible per company policy).
Our preferred candidate has well-rounded, hands-on experience who is able to analyze requirements, provide operational support, Identify and fix problems within existing systems, design and implement new systems, support operating system and application installation, configuration, upgrades and patching.
Responsibilities to anticipate:
- Build, configure, and administrate all aspects of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 4/5/6/7/8
- Must be able to apply security hardness according to DISA STIG requirements
- Build, configure, and administrate Red Hat Satellite Server 6.
- Be able to export/import Satellite repository from connected networks to multiple disconnected networks.
- Familiar with Ansible and be able to deploy playbooks via the Red Hat Satellite Server.
- Manage users and group accordingly.
- Assist with the installation, configuration, and management of different database management systems.
- Provide assistance in managing the existing VMware infrastructure.
- Updating and Managing the Customer specific golden RHEL images.
- Provide planned and unplanned after-hours support
- Assure a high level of reliability and performance through systems monitoring and infrastructure management.
- Analyze system faults, troubleshoot, and runs diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
- Interfacing with vendors for trouble calls.
- Respond to online service requests from users
- Ensure server and application compliance with security and performance requirements (DFARS, RMF, NIST Cybersecurity Framework)
- Install, Convert, and upgrade systems
- Develop, revise, and maintain technical and operational documentation (including procedures) to continually improve our computing environments
- Maintain and grow technical competence in multiple areas (such as Windows, Linux, virtualization, User Authentication, DNS, NFS, system imaging/build automation)
- Ensuring that all the Information Assurance (IA) software security patches and version and virus signature file updates are up to date
- Maintenance of system and data security processes and applications such as virus scanning, auditing, collection of audit logs, system scripts and data collections scripts
- Running periodic system and data security scans, backups and recovery tasks as required per published system administration procedures.
- Assisting in development and update of system administration procedures
- Supporting Disaster Recovery and incident response exercises as required
- Ensuring that configuration changes follow the change approval process
Qualifications you Must Have:
- 5+ years System Administration experience supporting production environments. (Linux environment)
- Bachelor’s degree or additional 1 year of System Administration experience may be substituted for each 1 year of college
- Experience with Containers (Docker, Kubernetes, LXC).
- Experience implementing LUKS.
- Build RedHat KickStart configurations and perform server/workstation installations with KickStart.
- Linux shell scripting.
- Experience with Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or other server/configuration management tool.
- Proficient in creating Ansible playbooks to automate operations deployment.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Red Hat Satellite v6 or later.
- Experienced with patch management using Yum or YaST.
- Willingness to travel (<10%).
- Current DoD 8570 certifications (e.g. Security + CE, CISSP, etc.).
- An active and in-scope Secret US security clearance
Qualifications we Value:
- Experience with application build automation tools like Jenkins, and Git.
- Knowledge of and operational experience with methodologies related to Agile and DevOps.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality deliverables.
- Ability to produce thorough and effective technical documentation.
- STIG (Security Technical Implementation Guide) experience.
- SCAP (Security Content Automation Protocol) experience.
- Strong adaptability (changing priorities).
- Experience with Performance tuning and monitoring (i.e., SolarWinds).
- Knowledge of DevOps and continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) or modern application frameworks.
- RMF (Risk Management Framework) knowledge.
- VMWare / vSphere / ESXi experience.
- NetApp experience.
- Tenable / Nessus experience.
- McAfee / HBSS / ePO experience.
- Symantec knowledge.
- Splunk knowledge.
- Ivanti Endpoint Security Device Control knowledge.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written).
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) preferred.
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.