Principal Systems Engineer: RF and AntennasBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 187780BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/13/2021 City St. Petersburg State FL Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD), you have the opportunity to try new things, making a difference across a broad end-to-end solution, a rich technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a diverse team of colleagues and customers.
We are seeking Systems Engineering professionals to support the Integrated Fire Control Systems (IFCS) department in St. Petersburg, Florida. The department leads all aspects of Systems Engineering driving development of complex systems to support RMD’s Land Warfare and Air Defense (LWAD) and Naval Power (NP) mission areas from Tewksbury MA, Andover MA, and St. Petersburg FL.IFCS supports RMD by cultivating a world-class group of systems thinkers who work together as a team to architect technical solutions to some of the world’s toughest challenges. Key technical domains include Radar Systems and Sensor Netting, Effector Systems, Battle Management, Command and Control, Communications, Network Design, Battlespace Integration and Interoperability for Domestic and International customers.
The System Design and Architecture (SDA) Directorate is the central focus for Mission Systems Integration activities within RMD, defining customer needs, functional/product architecture, requirements definition and decomposition, Model Based Systems Engineering, system performance, and System Security Engineering. We are responsible for system performance for complex, large scale defense applications. Within this directorate, the IFCS employees provide support for modeling and simulation, system effectiveness, operational analysis, radar systems design and integration, algorithm development, tracking, and discrimination.
SDA's core capabilities encompass a wide range of systems engineering skills required for successful technical development and program execution. Our capabilities cover the entire lifecycle, including business capture, proposal development, system requirements and technical design, and system integration and test. Expertise includes radar, sensor, battle management solutions, command and control, and cyber security. This requisition focuses on the RF communication systems expertise required within SDA.
The selected applicant will support a team of talented engineers in developing sophisticated naval and maritime solutions supporting the Antenna product line development within Advanced Networking Solutions (ANS). Within the ANS business area is the US Navy’s Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC), a real-time ‘sensor-netting’ system that brings together sensor data into a Single Integrated Air Picture (SIAP) from geographically dispersed ships, aircraft, and ground-based units. SIAP improves a battlegroup’s effectiveness, enabling longer range, cooperative, or layered engagements. Today’s CEC benefits from advancements in commercial and specialized technologies, as well as from the expertise of Raytheon, innovating to advance capability and performance.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Conceptualize, analyze, design, develop and integrate RF Systems and algorithms such as Phased Array Antennas, Analog/Digital Receivers, RF waveforms and coding, antenna calibration algorithms, and precision timing systems
- Perform Systems Engineering studies to determine technical solutions to define architecture, requirements, and capabilities
- Oversee Antenna Testing (Compact Antenna Ranges), RF propagation effects, Co-site Interference analysis, and precision timing derivation from RF waveforms
- Provide waveform integration and testing with model validation and measured performance
- System Integration, Test, and Analysis; including occasional travel
- Support technical documentation including customer briefings for Technical Interchange Meetings
- Build relationships across the Company, potential teammates, and subcontractor
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM). An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for additional years of experience as follows: An advanced degree in a related field and minimum 5 years experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the field of engineering or related technical discipline
- Technical leadership experience
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. US citizenship is required as only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Qualifications We Value:
- RF communication systems link analysis including budgets, adaptive, and multibeam antenna performance
- Extensive knowledge of MatLab
- Masters/PhD in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Science
- Experience integrating surface/ground based radars and combat systems into complex systems
- Requirements development
- Expert writing, oral, and reporting skills: produce/present technical documentation, customer briefings
- Support work across organization boundaries
- Ability to resolve problems quickly
- Experience supporting US Navy and DoD customers
- Experience leading teams for new business pursuits and proposals
- An active SECRET US security clearance
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Clearance Information: This position requires a SECRET US security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htmIf applicable
RTX/RMD Company Overview Videos:
Raytheon Technologies Overview
How Missile Defense Works
Meeting the challenge: Ending hunger in our communities
This position requires either a U.S. Person or Non- U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Add location details if applicable:
The position is based in St. Petersburg, FL, enviably nicknamed “The Sunshine City” for its average of 248 days of sunshine a year. The area is ideal for fishing, boating, and beautiful top rated Gulf beaches. It’s also known for its art and culture scene, a wide variety of local restaurants and bars. For sports fans, The Tampa Bay area is home to the Tampa Bay Rays (MLB), Buccaneers (NFL), and Lightning (NHL). It is also the MLB Spring Training site for the Toronto Blue Jays and the Philadelphia Phillies. Our location is easily commutable from several nearby areas, just 5 miles from Interstate 275; options for where to call “home” are plentiful within the Tampa Bay area. St. Petersburg is also close to Tampa International Airport and St. Pete Clearwater International Airport and roughly 90 miles to the Orlando theme parks.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.