Principal Contracts Specialist / Contracts ManagerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Part time telecommuting Job ID 190172BR Most Recent Date Posted 10/19/2021 City St. Petersburg State FL Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and possibilities are forged in times of change and you will be on the front lines as we trailblaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in creating.
Raytheon Missiles and Defense currently has a need for a Contracts Specialist/Manager in our Naval Power, Naval Surface and Undersea Systems (NSUS) business area. This position will report directly to the Advanced Networking Solutions (ANS) Contracts Team Lead for Production and Development Programs.
The person in this role will be responsible for providing sound contracts leadership to the business and programs for ANS Production and Sustainment Contracts within the Naval Power, NSUS Business Area. The Contracts Specialist/Manager will be responsible for contract management of all aspects of the contracting process including proposal preparation, fact finding, negotiation, contract administration, and contract closure. A significant aspect of this role will focus on Product line growth and capture activities. The Contracts Specialist/Manager will proactively engage with program teams and customers to ensure that the program is always executing to contract requirements (including cost, funding, schedule, and deliverables), use business acumen and program knowledge to understand program performance, provide guidance, and influence outcomes to achieve desired results. This role requires the skill to recognize contractual issues early in program performance, implement solutions, and carry to completion, while exercising good judgment with minimal supervision. This individual will adhere to company policies and procedures and their application of contract structures.
The Contracts Specialist/Manager will work a variety of business agreements, i.e., strategic agreements, proprietary information agreements, etc., interacting closely with management, organization, planning and controls. This individual will negotiate sound business deals with its customers and provide governance to the program team in carrying out the terms of the contract. This individual will apply tenets of RMD’s principles of Customer Focused Marketing to establish and maintain effective customer relationships based on professionalism, responsiveness, and ethical conduct.
This position is based in St Petersburg, FL and is eligible for part-time telecommuting. If not local, relocation will be required.
The selected candidate will be expected to possess the following:
- Demonstrated ability to broker internal and/or external solutions to complex program, contract or financial problems that have general impact on annual operating plan (AOP) performance.
- Understanding of contract & financial structures, pricing strategies, policy & procedure and compliance principles.
- Ability to work within a team and to foster teamwork and trust
- Capable of handling multiple assignments concurrently with strict deadlines
- Effective communicator; strong analytical skills; strong interpersonal skills; be adaptable to a variety of business situations.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don't hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Regular in person contract management of all withheld programs
- Responsible for all contract execution within assigned authority
- Brief leadership at program area, mission area, and business level
- Customer engagement and communication
- Empowered and expected to make key business decisions
This position can be a Principal Specialist, Contracts or a Manager, Contracts, based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for 2 additional years of experience for the Principal Specialist, Contracts role. An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for 3 additional years of experience for the Manager, Contracts role.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree Business, Finance, Economics or a related field
- Principal Specialist, Contracts requires a bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience in contracts, business, or a related field (or an advanced degree plus 3 years of experience)
- Manager, Contracts requires a bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience in a contracts, business, or a related field (or an advanced degree plus 5 years of experience)
- Experience with U.S. Government acquisition and regulations (such as Federal Acquisition Regulations [FAR], Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement [DFARS], and International Traffic in Arms Regulations [ITAR])
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Qualifications We Value:
- Existing DoD Top Secret/Secret clearance
- Knowledge of basic financial business principles and an understanding of applicability to contracts and business
- Strong business acumen with the ability to recognize risk elements in business transactions
- Thorough understanding of Government acquisition processes
- Possess excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience managing contracts in the Internal Contract Management System
- Experience mentoring junior contracts professionals
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm190172
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.