Eng I, Software EngrgBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 183342BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/29/2021 City St. Petersburg State FL Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
We are currently seeking a
Responsibilities to Anticipate: with technical software development experience to work with the Missile Defense & Surveillance Software team. This multi-disciplined Engineering team leads the development of the U.S. Navy’s Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC), a real-time ‘sensor-netting’ system that brings together radar data into a single integrated air picture from geographically dispersed ships, aircraft and ground-based units. This integrated picture improves a battlegroup’s effectiveness by enabling longer range, cooperative, or layered engagements. Today’s CEC benefits from advancements in commercial and specialized technologies, as well as from the experience and expertise of the software engineering team, continually innovating to advance capability and performance.
- An active participant on the Scrum team, performing development tasks independently.
- Our software applications are developed using C++ and Java programming languages executing on a variety of computing platforms running Linux/Unix operating systems.
- Developing software in a team based development environment, preferably Agile/Scrum
- 18+ month’s experience working with the following
- All phases of Software Engineering (requirements, design, code, test and integration), including experience with object-oriented software development experience using C++
- Linux / RedHat OS environment
- Real-time embedded software development
- Modern software design methodologies (e.g. UML 2.0)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Software Engineering
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
•Agile development methods, including Scrum, automated testing, static code analysis and continuous integration
•Scrum Master and/or Product Owner experience a plus, but not necessary
•Familiarity with the following software tools: Rational Rhapsody, ClearCase, ClearQuest, Jenkins, Coverity, Eclipse, Jira, BitBucket
•Model Driven Development
•Object-oriented software development experience using Java
•Data Fusion and/or Radar domain knowledge
•Knowledge of or experience in communications methods and protocols
•Knowledge of or experience in OS configuration and system security-hardening
What We Offer:
Whether you are just starting your career journey or you are an experienced professional, our company offers a robust total rewards package that includes; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits offered to employees include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
The team is based in St. Pete, enviably nicknamed “Sunshine City” for its average of 248 days of sunshine a year. It actually holds a Guinness World Record for the most consecutive days of sunshine! The area is ideal for fishing, boating and its beautiful beaches. It’s also known for its art and culture scene, as well as its wide variety of local restaurants and bars. Sports fans should note that St. Pete is home to the Tampa Bay Rays, Buccaneers, and Lightning. It’s also the Spring Training site for the Toronto Blue Jays and the Philadelphia Phillies.
Easily commutable from several nearby cities, just 5 miles off the main highway (Interstate 275), options for where to call “home” are plentiful. St. Pete is conveniently close the Tampa International Airport and only a mere 2-hour drive to Disney World and Universal Studios.
Innovation, cool technology, a world-class team and a pretty idyllic location, our elite team of software engineers in St. Pete has a lot to offer.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.